SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

12 hours ago, emts said:
bathurst was fun..

any idea where to find a VH/VK commo cheapish?

Is drift cat keeping her car? Throw them an offer lol

Man, SAU is just filling up with people who have goals in horsepower or want to run X amount of boost. we need a horsepower ban in place.
'merica

17 hours ago, Odium said:

Thats the main reason I prefer to hit the track with a cage and safety equipment surrounding me.

Where's the adrenaline in that! :P 

37 minutes ago, Leroy Peterson said:

Is drift cat keeping her car? Throw them an offer lol

Man, SAU is just filling up with people who have goals in horsepower or want to run X amount of boost. we need a horsepower ban in place.
'merica

yeah I'm aiming for a nice 150ish RWKW, think I have decided on one of these as my affordable classic for a few years whilst american muscle gets finished.

bit of low, some rims, few tunes and a 308 seems like a nice little weekend car. prob bang it on club rego as well.

just checked car sales... VK's start at $7,500.

$3k will get you a real shitter.

After seeing a few really clean XF/Fairmont/Fairlane/whateverthef**k, i think they'll be classics. chunky tyres, low, those american style speedos.

My cousins got a ZH Fairlane, and its actually pretty cool.

yeah forget car sales.

gumtree/facebook market place is where the decent cheap ones are.

5ish will get a clean one with some good bits, 4ish for one with a few things to clean up

prob have to go north a bit to get one however.

Anyone commute with a bike to the city on daily basis? yay or nay?
Thinking of growing a pair and get a two wheeler. 
Been 4.5 months working in the city and am sick of traffic and paying for parking, have tried catching the train twice and yeah nah.

When I was in the office 5 days a week I rode in most days 

Used to do Gleniris to south melb then after move was doing Newport to South Melb

both had bike tracks most of the way and was at work in under 30 min. and we had bike storage in the secure carpark.

we did have decent showers at work however as in summer can get a sweat going.

• Like 1

Did it a couple of times but I only lasted 4 months in the city before moving jobs, f**k that. 

Too many dickheads in cars don't see ya, and took a fair bit of time to get my gear on / off / bike out the shed etc. Didn't make it worth it so got the train. 

I got a mate that lives like 10km out of the city and has a really powerful E-bike thing, gets him to work and home really quick and can use bike tracks, plugs it on charge nightly and bobs your auntie. 

Edited by UNR33L
  • Like 1

Get Nismo weighted shit knob. One of those poly-whatever ones (no, not the gay rounded ones with the flare at the bottom).

They work gud

https://shop.r10s.jp/auto-craft/cabinet/01322373/img57127548.jpg

Hmmmmm not cheap, but comes with nismo sticker, which is worth like $100 anyway

I have a shift knob that I got from our great friends at Autobarn.
But I legit want an OEM one because I figure they should be cheap as literally anyone who changed their shift knob ever should have one, and it'll fit nicely over the boot...

Your logic is flawed, anyone that changed them threw the stock one in the bin.

Originally I wanted a Nismo leather one but $180 was the cheapest I got offered, so yeah that is out.

I just want something that will sit on the thread on the shifter properly, having this dead space between top of boot and the actual knob is mildly annoying. Mildly as in cheap 2nd hand OEM shifter price annoying.