SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread - 15.0

R31Nismoid

45 minutes ago, UNR33L said:

Better off putting 5k on Adelaide this weekend 

Was mucking around with Scorptec's custom build web app and came to a very awesome build with 5k. 1080ti SLI...

Also tried making the best PC I could within reason, using $2400 CPU etc. Came up around 10k...surprisingly cheap for the horsepower.

I'm tempted to up my gambling amounts but betting with overseas bookies is risky... Stupid government won't let me live bet online. But everyone else is allowed to piss their money away on the football at the touch of a button live because it's more popular than UFC. f**k off the sphincter of the universes

4 hours ago, TiTAN said:

Sli is such a waste of money. Nobody does much optimisation so you pay twice the money for 30% improved fps.

Yeah true, but that rings true for any flagship / top end product. That $2400 10 core i7 isn't twice as fast as the 8 core for half its price.

IMO the best balance between obsoletion and spending is the upper midrange. Last a good few years and allows an upgrade or two if necessary before another build. Or in my case make it last 10 years...

3 hours ago, UNR33L said:

Yeah SLI often causes more trouble that it's worth there's been numerous tests that shows stuttering etc 

Big single FTW, almost like a GTR I guess.

Two big singles...can you not remove the SLI bridge and run off one display adaptor most of the time, then connect them when needed?

That PC I put together had two 1080ti 11gb, so unless you're going Quattro / CAD rendering cards, it was pretty much the best gaming card you could get at the current time.

Two big singles...can you not remove the SLI bridge and run off one display adaptor most of the time, then connect them when needed?
That PC I put together had two 1080ti 11gb, so unless you're going Quattro / CAD rendering cards, it was pretty much the best gaming card you could get at the current time.

No. You just save the money you would have spent on the 2nd card and buy a new top of the line one to replace your current card after a few years.

Braided E85 fuel lines in

I think the standard 23 year old ones did well to last 5 years on the stuff, but when it starts dripping fuel on your garage floor and you notice elevated levels of euphoria whilst driving it's probably time to do things properly

• Like 1

Braided E85 fuel lines in
I think the standard 23 year old ones did well to last 5 years on the stuff, but when it starts dripping fuel on your garage floor and you notice elevated levels of euphoria whilst driving it's probably time to do things properly

5 years? That's decent run considering the amount of propaganda associated with e85 when it first came on market.