SAU Community

Ignition Break Down Beyond 18psi In My Rb32dett

Hi all,

I have recently had my BNR32 Vspec tuned.

Its set up includes stroked 26/30, 3.2L with twin low mount Trust t618z-10cm's.

The power made was 559.7hp atw on 18psi. The ignition started to play up, as they are the original coil's.

Question? What will I have to do to make a HKS twin power with BNR34 harness work in a RB26 from a BNR32? is it as simple as installing the Twin power to some R34 Coils and plug the harness in?

Any advice from experience would be greatly appreciated.

post-141410-0-45223200-1452080129_thumb.jpg

post-141410-0-99079600-1452080222_thumb.jpg

post-141410-0-57289000-1452080327_thumb.png

Another option that may work out cheaper would be to swap to LQ9 (LS truck) coils.

Great looking car by the way. Where did you get the bonnet from? It's a style I haven't seen before.

Edited by Ryno

Even with 3200cc those turbos aren't all in till 5000rpm? Good golly they are such rubbish.

Anyway, as others have said - try out fresh stock coil packs first. If problem persists, go after market if replacing at your power level. Might as well :)

HKS DLI was good 10 years ago, but the world has come a long way and there are better/cheaper offerings out now.

• Like 1

D585 LS2 truck coils, www.ls2rb.com, bit of wiring to remove ignitor and more spark energy you should ever need

this or splitfires, sometimes we need to not make mountains out of mole hills people

Well, these two solutions are, in order from the 2nd quote upwards, 1) the easy good workable solution and 2) the bit more difficult, bit more involved but technically better solution that really doesn't cost much more and is highly recommended for those who intend to lean hard on the boost.

You makes your choice depending on how much effort you can put into it vs your intended usage model.

Don't forget to replace your 25 year old crusty/burnt coil pack loom.

Wiring Specialities do a replacement loom for less than the OEM loom and I dare say is of the same quality if not better :)

Both non braided and braided versions too.

http://www.wiringspecialties.com/wisprbcohabr1.html

Wiring Specialities do a replacement loom for less than the OEM loom and I dare say is of the same quality if not better :)

God damn the RB25 one is cheap - Do you know what they are like with shipping mate? i.e will they ship to Aus/is it expensive to ship?

Cheers

Well, these two solutions are, in order from the 2nd quote upwards, 1) the easy good workable solution and 2) the bit more difficult, bit more involved but technically better solution that really doesn't cost much more and is highly recommended for those who intend to lean hard on the boost.

You makes your choice depending on how much effort you can put into it vs your intended usage model.

Cost $480 for everything with new coils and an hour with the soldering gun, had the whole conversion done in an afternoon

post-36620-0-25325600-1452284809_thumb.jpeg

$100? What's delivery? + exchange rate, sounds like it'd be more?

OEM from Nissan AU is only $140... Well, that's what I paid when I got mine for my RB26 5 years ago, I doubt it's gone up too much in price.

I use Ignition Project / Plazma direct coils as a bolt in solution that uses an OEM loom. That and copper BCPR-7ES plugs gapped at 0.65, no sign of ignition issues at all. 705hp atw.