SAU Community

Exhaust Manifold's - 6boost & Crg

well maybe its my conclusion, the cost of mine to be made , ceramic coated and delivered from NZ was equal with 6boost without any coatings or postage so its a win in my mind, customer service was great too...

well maybe its my conclusion, the cost of mine to be made , ceramic coated and delivered from NZ was equal with 6boost without any coatings or postage so its a win in my mind, customer service was great too...

Have you put a straight edge on the flanges? How a bout a photo of inside the collector?

• Like 1

she's already bolted on, didn't think about checking them, guess we'll find out if she's leaking when it runs....i'll take some pics of the collector though and report back ..

Divided 1.01 fo schizzle (edit they don't come 1.06 in divided)

And ram in as much boost as possible, those GTX turbos love boost.

I would dare say a divided 1.01 on a proper twin scroll manifold will destroy a 0.82 and every other -5 -7 -9 -10 GTR out there.. VCT, single, twin scroll and e85 forever in my heart LOL

• Like 1

Divided 1.01 fo schizzle (edit they don't come 1.06 in divided)

And ram in as much boost as possible, those GTX turbos love boost.

I would dare say a divided 1.01 on a proper twin scroll manifold will destroy a 0.82 and every other -5 -7 -9 -10 GTR out there.. VCT, single, twin scroll and e85 forever in my heart LOL

Atp make a divided 1.06

Haven't found a 1.01 in a t4

i used ordered a T4 twin scroll single gate for my Borg Warner.

Lifetime warranty (i think 6boost might be limited)

and he also said CRG manifold fit around the factory air con lines, which 6boost do not (my mechanic learnt first hand on his GTR).

$1,190 shipped to Sydney

Not bad

i used ordered a T4 twin scroll single gate for my Borg Warner.

Lifetime warranty (i think 6boost might be limited)

and he also said CRG manifold fit around the factory air con lines, which 6boost do not (my mechanic learnt first hand on his GTR).

$1,190 shipped to Sydney

Not bad

This is true. The large pulsation dampener would be touching one of the runners. I slightly bent mine around a bit and then cut the ends and had my AC shop install 2' of rubber AC hose and swivel fittings between them. Forgot to add that. Thanks for reminding me.

FYI the full-race was my first choice but doesn't work with R32 AC compressor NOR the R32 Power Steering...that was out for me since I don't have access to these parts easily in the states and my stuff should work fine.

6boost warranty is useless anyway, my tuner had a car with a heat wrapped 6boost, it crystalized and cracked and rusted and basically fell apart, kyle didn't want to know about it.

6boost warranty is useless anyway, my tuner had a car with a heat wrapped 6boost, it crystalized and cracked and rusted and basically fell apart, kyle didn't want to know about it.

He does say if it's heat wrapped it won't be warranted though.

6boost can be funny at times, he made a twin scroll v band manifold for a 180sx I'm putting together. Looked tits and all, till we went to mount the turbo on and couldn't close the bonnet.

Next was that the turbo was clocked so much there was about 1cm to fit on a vband to the rear end and that's it, there wasn't any room for a dump to be constructed.

No dramas, called Kyle explained the lot and he paid for shipping both ways, although it did take a whole month for the fix.

So for me neither shining positive feedback but no negatives either.

• 5 months later...
On 13 April 2016 at 3:10 PM, niZmO_Man said:

I'd love to see your work. Can you fab up a Gibson manifold?

For what it's worth lads, I been chasing a gts-r manifold for a while now....

Getting over waiting as we all know how rare they are and people asking $2k+ for them when/if they do come up is a bit hard to swallow for something so old...

CRG is fabbing up an R31House style manifold for me in a few weeks. It won't look as flashy because you'll see welds on the joins as it will be made from steam pipe instead of one piece stainless runners. But we had a good ten min chat on the phone yesterday about it and he's very confident he can replicate one! I'll probably make a new thread when I get it...

• Like 1

When I got my Sinco manifold made I went to see him - he measured the engine bay and I gave him the turbo and wastegate. Fitted first time. I realise not everyone can do that but it is a big plus if you can use a reasonably local fabricator.

Not 6-Boost or CRG but I went with a Fullrace TS coated manifold and down-pipe for my 33gtr.

Very well made and works a treat with the EFR 8374 iwg.  Highly recommend these manifolds. 

They are not cheap but if you want quality this is the one  (for me anyway)

Had to cut the down pipe in one spot and re tig it for a perfect tension free fit.   easy fix.

There jig is an R32 which is probably why.

Edited by Meathead