SAU Community

SKYLINE WON'T drive normally

Jonic

SKYLINE WON'T drive normally

So after thrashing it down the road, my car went into a LIMP mode, now when I drive, it won't go over 2000rpm, even when parked I can't rev it pass 2000, it's like hitting a rev Limiter. So I suspected the AFM, spark plugs and Coils so, I cleaned the AFM (sprayed it down) and replace all my coils and spark plugs. Car starts up great but the problem is still there, what could it be? 

I have reset my ECU already.

Before the limp mode starts, the car will drive fine till about down 3mins after it will just LIMP MODE the whole way, once I start my car again it will be normal for abit and then again LIMP

My Skyline is R34 Triptronic.

My engine light has always been on before this occur so I can't tell if another problem popped up so I have to check on that. 

I think also my A/T flashes before I start my car

IMG_2500.MOV

If your Mass Airflow sensor is broken the car won't exceed 2000rpm

This thing is when I start the car it will drive normal and goes over 2000rpm but after about 3 mins or so it will just start to choke and chug and can't even drive over 40kms :(

On 02/12/2016 at 7:58 PM, Jonic said:

My engine light has always been on before this occur so I can't tell if another problem popped up so I have to check on that. 

It was on for a reason - there's something wrong. **Sigh**

So God only knows what might have broken to cause your current situation. (but I'll back the AFM as the chief culprit)

• Like 1

It's not the AFM, I tried unplugging it and it died, tried starting her up without the AFM And it starts, tried plugging in while the car was running and it adjusted itself and idle perfectly

• 4 weeks later...

Car runs fine now and I didn't do anything really, just reset the code and I can finally drive it pass 2000rpm. Problem now is when I'm driving, at a red light my idle drops and sometimes the car dies, but starts right back up no problem. Any clues because my mechanics are clueless. The cel code was A/T and ABS fault but that has nothing to do with my current problem zz