SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

You want a car that has adaptive cruise control? You’d have to be the only person I’ve ever known say they want it!! Everyone I know that has it hates it, my wife’s car has it and I’m trying everything I can to have it switched off 

19 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

You want a car that has adaptive cruise control? You’d have to be the only person I’ve ever known say they want it!! Everyone I know that has it hates it, my wife’s car has it and I’m trying everything I can to have to switched off 

100%
My key for my wife's BMW 220i has all the stupid aids turned off, sports mode turned on, MSport suspension engaged lol

• Like 2

3 hours ago, r32-25t said:

You want a car that has adaptive cruise control? You’d have to be the only person I’ve ever known say they want it!! Everyone I know that has it hates it, my wife’s car has it and I’m trying everything I can to have it switched off 

It's the best, I love it.

Even in bumper traffic it's great.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, r32-25t said:

What about driving down the freeway and all of a sudden you can’t over take anything because it keeps slowing you down?

You’d get to know how far you need/want to be behind the car in front before it slows down. Adaptive brain for adaptive cruise? 🤣🤪

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Piggaz said:

You’d get to know how far you need/want to be behind the car in front before it slows down. Adaptive brain for adaptive cruise? 🤣🤪

Most of them are so bad that it’ll slow you down for some tail lights off in the distance 

11 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I don't have this issue in the VW at all.

Yeah, I find the later model VAG group cars probably have the best adaptive cruise. Our KIA is ok, but is annoying because it’s always beeping at you for something..

20 minutes ago, R3N3 said:

Yeah, I find the later model VAG group cars probably have the best adaptive cruise. Our KIA is ok, but is annoying because it’s always beeping at you for something..

The only issue I have with it, is when it takes off in traffic it can be a bit aggressive, however this is self inflicted because I've flashed the car and also removed the DBW throttle delay 😂

1 minute ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

The only issue I have with it, is when it takes off in traffic it can be a bit aggressive, however this is self inflicted because I've flashed the car and also removed the DBW throttle delay 😂

Is this something that can be done easily? I’d love to have the stop/start default to off upon startup..

46 minutes ago, R3N3 said:

Is this something that can be done easily? I’d love to have the stop/start default to off upon startup..

Late 2018+ you can't use the voltage hack to disable stop start anymore ☹️

I use OBDeleven to disable the undertaking, throttle delay, tighten up the Haldex, etc. However ECU flash was done by an APR dealer.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, r32-25t said:

Most of them are so bad that it’ll slow you down for some tail lights off in the distance 

This has been my experience, until this Kona EV I have now.

Adaptive at the longest distance has me uncomfortably close at 100kmh.

Set it to minimum distance and I can nearly reach forward and touch the car in front...

Also has a spastic about things in the left hand lane beside you. And you can't follow vehicles around a corner with it on if you're below the set speed or it loses them, and then finds them again. Being EV, it accelerates f**king quick and brakes bloody harsh.

I do think it needs to go see Hyundai and get the sensors checked/aligned. Once that's done, I can hate adaptive cruise in that vehicle 100%.

On topic of adaptive cruise, I'm adamant the Kona has an option in the menu on the dashboard to turn it off. Needs to be done while parked. It's in the driving aids section. Would be interesting if EV can turn off but the Petrol you can't....

It was really nice though today on the motorway when it was bumper to bumper. Still lots of like speed off then slow down, which if I'm manually driving I just leave a big gap and try to maintain speed with only slow adjustments.

Wow that sounds terrible, I find in VAG cars, the adaptive cruise by default is set fo leave a massive gap, which is fine however it opens up enough space for people to cut in then slow down in front of you lol.

However 2x taps on the wheel and you can change it quite easily.

I haven't experienced adaptive cruise in other cars, only my Tiguan, SQ5, Golf, T-Roc, and they all behaved quite similar.

The Kia sedan we had at work had awesome adaptive cruise.

Fully adjustable from heaps of room, to near on tailgating.

Great for a comfy daily hack.

The adaptive brakes were great as well, nice and smooth at keeping the distance, they did hit fairly hard if the car in front hit the brakes hard, but, typical to what you would do anyway.

• Like 1