SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

• 2 weeks later...

New day, new excuse to waste money.

Car going to fab next week, and somehow a simple "hot pipe extension & new cold side" is now involving a new catch can, new pipe work, relocating shit, reinforcing the subframe, etc.

I honesty think a cocaine addiction is cheaper and provides more happiness and mental health :D 

image.thumb.png.98d26d65eaebf5adb277d9c3df3ec940.png

• Like 2

On 29/10/2021 at 11:24 AM, niZmO_Man said:

yeah but can you drive cocaine?

you can, have enough and you'll be floating LOL

Then again, can you drive the Skyline? the only time I drove it in the past 12 months was onto a tow truck, off the tow truck and reversed it up my driveway.

On 29/10/2021 at 12:11 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

you can, have enough and you'll be floating LOL

Then again, can you drive the Skyline? the only time I drove it in the past 12 months was onto a tow truck, off the tow truck and reversed it up my driveway.

You make some very good points 😭

I don't drive my car because I have to get it re-insured for a decent value, not what it was worth 8 years ago

• Haha 1

On 10/30/2021 at 6:06 PM, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

If we all had M2/3/4/5 we would use them!

As if anyone would aggressively drive something like a M5 on the track. Even price inflated Skylines are nothing compared to the costs of running/maintaining/replacing something on those lol.

I just built my own E39 M5 :P for the budget conscious gentleman!

New day, new tow truck adventure 😂

Off to (more) fab work, at the same time I thought why not take out the subframe and weld in extra plates for strength and replace all the bushes (again) since they're all McFked.

This time round, I'm not using Superpro polyurethane diff bushes and going with harden rubber. I don't think the polyurethane stuff is up to the abuse I throw at it. They've all deformed, some cracked and cause the diff to move around now. As for the subframe bushes, I'm just replacing them with the GKTech harden rubber ones (currently Hard Race ones) as it sits the subframe a bit higher, meaning I will have ever slightly more closer to OEM geometry. I need all the grip I can get here 😊

20211103_224210.jpg

20211103_132548.jpg

• Like 2