SAU Community

Dose's Sometimes DIY and Pay Someone Home & Boat Improvement Thread

52 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Old now, cat reduces noise and reduces horrible exhaust stench :)

(getting old now)

What cat, how many cell?

47 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

How could I possible remember something I was told a handful of posts ago? 

#beenalongweek

Isn't this the renovation thread?

12 minutes ago, mlr said:

What cat, how many cell?

100, 3.5" In/Out and 5" diameter body. Should flow good :)

1 hour ago, ActionDan said:

Legit question.

Why?

Also please come post some pics of your bulk head fuel fittings in Bakemonos thread, shits hilarious in there.

Wow, that poor R33 GTR.

Fat's stance build has more though put in to aesthetics, and safety.

Mean while  Project Le Siet Bok seems like it will be doing skids real soon.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Dw, it will still launch flames :)

Remember the gate is plumbed back after the cat

I think you might find even though gate goes around cat, there's still a lot of exhaust and hence flame going through the cat. 

You just have to look at the size of the ports on the wastegate, a lot smaller than the main exhaust, yet changing that exhaust to a smaller size really robs power shows that most of the exhaust is still in the main body. 

For noise, a nice big mid muffler, for smell, well, can't help you there Ha ha. E85? :P

my exhaust I ran on the 25/30 was 3" straight through, TD07S to muffle it down, then it had a 5" inch mid muffler that was 950mm long IIRC, and a 7" rear muffler that was 550mm long IIRC (all custom made). You could hear the actual engine over the exhaust, quiet as shit. It also meant all the turbo noises were super loud and awesome! God I miss the rush as that thing used to come on boost :(

• Like 2

It's 3.5" all the way with a 2" pipe coming off the gate.

There's heaps of exhaust flow :)

It will run a 3.5" Hi-Tec mid muffler, 3.5" SMB rear muffler. Thing should be quiet as, just the way I want it.

Stealth, fast, fun, not an attention seeker :)

14 hours ago, mlr said:

Wow, that poor R33 GTR.

Fat's stance build has more though put in to aesthetics, and safety.

Mean while  Project Le Siet Bok seems like it will be doing skids real soon.

Hahahaha - sorry MLR that you cant afford to take your car to a don mega workshop. My fuel system is worth more than your car mate. 

17 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

It's 3.5" all the way with a 2" pipe coming off the gate.

There's heaps of exhaust flow :)

It will run a 3.5" Hi-Tec mid muffler, 3.5" SMB rear muffler. Thing should be quiet as, just the way I want it.

Stealth, fast, fun, not an attention seeker :)

Will be good and quiet, I'm just concerned flames may still cook the cat on you :S

5 hours ago, BakemonoRicer said:

Hahahaha - sorry MLR that you cant afford to take your car to a don mega workshop. My fuel system is worth more than your car mate. 

I've been there and done that, are you new here mate.

If you have spent that much on your fuel system you are a fool. I'm sure the "mega don" workshop rub their hands together when you call or walk in the door.

As for the "don mega workshop", I can do better fab work myself, I really hope you have a plan for cleaning up the drift spec installation.

Anyways, keep dropping the cash mate, I enjoy rhe laugh. It's like you are trying to devalue the car.

Maybe you need to spend a bit more time researching and less paying people to do stuff.

Anyways, that's way too much time filling up this good thread with stuff which I wouldn't even bother posting in your, sorry Mr Pipe, sometimes.........I just cannot help myself.

7 hours ago, niZmO_Man said:

"look at this R33 with autobarn rear muffler, pfft"
*hears it spool up*
"dayyyyyeeemmmm"

Give me a ride in it once it's done.

Mmmmmm, looks like a dirty girl that likes it rough......can I touch her?......on her tail pipe?.....when she's hot?.....has she made any movies?.....

WTF is wrong with me.........??????

32 minutes ago, mlr said:

Mmmmmm, looks like a dirty girl that likes it rough......can I touch her?......on her tail pipe?.....when she's hot?.....has she made any movies?.....

WTF is wrong with me.........??????

You just want to buy my R33 :)

Has all the fun bits, fuel system cost more than the car lol. Fab work cost more than the car too! 

Could have bought 4x stock R33s lol

19 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

You just want to buy my R33 :)

Has all the fun bits, fuel system cost more than the car lol. Fab work cost more than the car too! 

Could have bought 4x stock R33s lol

Yeah nah, I had a 33, no interest in dropping cash on another.

A 5.0 Mustang would fit the bill, maybe, but Ford, and I would feel like a maaaaad bogan, but, a clean low km one for $50k, then $17k for drive in drive out supercharger which gives 500 engine killerwasps, which should do good skids.

$67 well spent? Who cares, maaaad skidz.

I would of course need to buy a flanno and ugg boots.

48 minutes ago, mlr said:

Yeah nah, I had a 33, no interest in dropping cash on another.

A 5.0 Mustang would fit the bill, maybe, but Ford, and I would feel like a maaaaad bogan, but, a clean low km one for $50k, then $17k for drive in drive out supercharger which gives 500 engine killerwasps, which should do good skids.

$67 well spent? Who cares, maaaad skidz.

I would of course need to buy a flanno and ugg boots.

Save your money, buy an FG XR6T for 20K, drop 15K on it,  run 11s every day, do epic skids, and still have 32k spare... 

Save your money, buy an FG XR6T for 20K, drop 15K on it,  run 11s every day, do epic skids, and still have 32k spare... 

Nothing says bogan like a Falcon or Commo on steelies... ?