SAU Community

CAR won't start after POD SWAP

Jonic

CAR won't start after POD SWAP

So I originally had a BLITZ Pod filter on and decided to change it to a K&N Pod, and it was driving okay till about 20mins after a spirited run, at a red light it jumps into some sort of limp mode where I can't rev it over 2000Rpm even on Neutral. Had to make it home on 40kms. Engine light came on as well :S 

Its a R34 GTT Automatic 98

I have tryed resetting the ECU (battery disconnect) same results.

I then swapped back my BLITZ Pod and now the car won't start at all, could it be my AFM ?? 

Edited by Jonic

You ask for help and then ignore most suggestions. Work methodically and properly eliminate each potential problem. About every third suggestion is the MAF, Did you actually get a new one? If not try this:

http://skylinefiles.blogspot.co.nz/2009/07/how-to-fix-your-rb-afm.html

and if that doesn't help then check the plug.

I just got my new AFM genuine and nope still same problem what a load of shitz, I tried starting without the AFM and it idles perfectly and with the AFM it readjusted itself and stayed on after I plugged it in while the car was running. Still won't let me go over 2000rpms zz

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah it was already broken but it played up my ecu and how the engine ran, therefore making the car have a hard start up and also having some rough idles here and there. But thanks for everyone's help ! :)

It was the coolant temp sensor. Everyone is so clueless lol

Says the guy who can't fix his own car? I'd be careful insulting the whole forum if you ever want to be helped again

2 hours ago, Jonic said:

It was the coolant temp sensor. Everyone is so clueless lol

Considering you created three threads for issues, don't expect further help with attitude like that. Remember, the people on here helping you are regulars and will remember you.

56 minutes ago, niZmO_Man said:

Considering you created three threads for issues, don't expect further help with attitude like that. Remember, the people on here helping you are regulars and will remember you.

my apologies to everyone, i did everything you guys told me but i still couldn't diagnose it and got frustrated cause it felt like I was the only one getting this problem on a Skyline and nothing was working. So excuse my attitude if you guys got insulted in anyway. Peace

11126933_952016398144421_473390593_n.jpg

• Like 1