SAU Community

Best Gtr intercoolers

SiR_RB

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I meant something like the China Spec or local custom made ones compared to Nismo, Greddy and Jap brands etc. Even compared to the high quality ones, are they really worth 5 times the price??

I've just taken a 600x300x100 Trust/Greedy tube and fin intercooler out of the car as it is just not doing a good enough job at 500kw at the wheels.....it was just making too high temps on the intake.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sub Boy32 said:

I've just taken a 600x300x100 Trust/Greedy tube and fin intercooler out of the car as it is just not doing a good enough job at 500kw at the wheels.....it was just making too high temps on the intake.

That's surprising, I've seen people make 400kw quite easily with a 63mm version, you'd think that 100mm would be much more capable. 

I've got a HKS Type R 100mm core myself and will be approaching 500kw eventually and would have thought it would hold up fine.

Interested to see how people have found Plazmaman/PWR etc compared to these japanese coolers.

4 hours ago, sneakey pete said:

I'm hoping to do close to 500 with a plaz 76 but i'm realistic that it might run into issues. at that point not sure what i'll do though. Maybe cooler spray.

I just find it strange how they can rate their 100mm at 1500hp+ when an equivalent jap cooler is ~800hp. Must be more that goes into the design than I thought.

Did you get the standard cooler or the pro series?

It's not just about how much power a cooler allows a motor to make, it's more so how efficiently the cooler can cool down the charged air and also how much of it can flow through the core.

Yes a China dim sim sui mai special may flow nearly identical to say a Plazmaman cooler however would definitely cool way less if you measure the IAT post cooler. For each run or pass you'll notice the intake temps will climb however first pass everything seems normal and this is where you'll hear people say bs like "I made 500kw on the stock cooler" then I day sure, let's increase the overall ramp duration on the dyno so something like 11km/h per sec so it's a nice and long run. I highly doubt the numbers would be identical at that point. 

So yeah, long story short get a good cooler.

• Like 3

• 11 months later...

Bit of a thread bump here.. are the plazmaman cores made in aus? sounds like a stupid question but its something i cant seem to find the answer to, obviously they build the end tanks and weld them in house but i was curious about the cores.. cheers

Edited by azzada1

25 minutes ago, azzada1 said:

Bit of a thread bump here.. are the plazmaman cores made in aus? sounds like a stupid question but its something i cant seem to find the answer to, obviously they build the end tanks and weld them in house but i was curious about the cores.. cheers

Made to order in Wetherill Park, NSW :)

I can get you great pricing.