SAU Community

S13 Sprint/Time Attack Style Build

No Crust Racing

11 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

Not long to skids video, I like.

Miles away, for real. 

4 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

hows the hunt for a chassis going? seen a few half finished s chassis come up lately.

@Dose Pipe Sutututu when will you be heading to mexico?

Have been half looking but the price of rollers is retarded, especially anything caged/tubed etc (Silvia's that is). 

86s seem to present slightly better value and I think we can agree the chassis itself is better, but nothing decently priced has come up and as I'm in no rush I've just kept browsing. 

When talking to Dale, he was saying that given I would want to be modifying the cage in my car anyway, if I extend it to the front and rear towers I will pick up most of the chassis rigidity improvements of a newer chassis anyway. 

How do you make the call in the end? I really have struggled to just make a call on which direction I "want" to go. I want to go fast, I want to have fun. I want to avoid heaps of work, headache etc. Would I be sad if I sold this car? I've had it for over 10yrs and put a lot of hours in to it. I didn't lose any sleep over the GT-R and it had lots of time and money in it as well. 

Financially/effort wise it "seems" like it's better to buy a caged S-Chassis roller that already has 5 stud, better brakes, widebody/tubbed, fuel system, better diff, already painted, maybe ECU etc if you can find one for not stupid money (I say all those things as they are what I want/need) but there's the risk of buying someone's shit, needing to do seat mounts to fit me, maybe do/redo my gauges, aero setup, swap over subframe maybe, fix whatever is broken on it etc. I then end up with a complete car to use what I want from then sell as a runner. 

Or stick with what you have, pull it down and get busy on doing all that work, which is time and money but you know the history, keep the car you've had for ages etc. 

As good as the 86 chassis is, logically an S-chassis, mine or otherwise, is probably the smarter choice. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

What made you decide to keep your car? You didn't even list it for sale? 

Wife, told me to respray it and keep it.

She said "as soon as you sell it, you'll end up buying another shitbox to throw countless money at". Can't say she's wrong about that lol.

1 minute ago, admS15 said:

My 2c. I vote on keeping the s13. As you said, you know the history etc. and the s13 is also the lightest s chassis which helps with going fast.

Cheers, my issue is putting a "price" on what history is worth so I can put that in a spread sheet and see what the best financial choice is because I have no clear "want" in either direction. 

I do admit sometimes I think it would be a little weird to sell it, but I can't tell you why I think that. Probs just because I've had it so long. 

I rang a guy about an s15 IPRA car last week but was sold and was priced well and have been tagged by mates in a few but have not found anything that ticks most of the boxes. 

This is a big one for me

30 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

risk of buying someone's shit

Will probably just fix the current race car as I know whats wrong and what needs to be done to improve it. 

3 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

I rang a guy about an s15 IPRA car last week but was sold and was priced well and have been tagged by mates in a few but have not found anything that ticks most of the boxes. 

This is a big one for me

Will probably just fix the current race car as I know whats wrong and what needs to be done to improve it. 

QLD seems to have a lot more on offer, is motorsport dead in Vic or what? 

Well your front hubs are sorted, now to find you some rear ones.. I think R33 GTS-t stuff sounds good, so if I come across anything I'll tell you.

DBA stuff, I heard you know some dickhead that gets stuff pretty cheap too - so you're sorted there as well LOL.