SAU Community

S13 Sprint/Time Attack Style Build

No Crust Racing

Big month as usual, heaps going on but have got these new pics and minor updates.

Girdle was .02mm out before being skimmed.

He's seen them up to .04mm so was happy with that.

Crank needs a final round of polishing but balanced up well, front main needed a little work he tells me.

Haven't touched the shed, concrete still curing. 

received_1048831168955631.jpeg

received_200414621736646.jpeg

• Like 4

• 3 weeks later...

Felt bad about the Silvia so jacked the rear and let it turn tyres for a bit then revved it up to blow some smoke out and make turbo noises. 

20210117_094123.thumb.jpg.bc383fe4cdcb5c39d3fff997156b7218.jpg

Gave the engine bay a little glance and noticed an oil breather line is splitting, was fairly new aeroflow 400 series hose so that's a bit lame. 

Given it's been like 2yrs, the car probs needs new fluids etc etc etc so I suppose I better work out wtf I am gonna do with it - put engine in it or something else. 

Putting the engine in this car will possible mean;
- Box swap to handle it (considered ZF8HP, but CD009 or something would be the cheaper/easier swap)
- Maybe diff swap as I have no idea how much abuse s15 helica can take.
- Fuel system upgrade.
- Oil and intercooler upgrade possibly? 
- New ECU and new loom.
- Better brakes.
- 5 stud conversion so I can run 10" wide rims to use the slicks all the other club guys run for cheap.
- Wider guards to fit said slicks.
- Should do a cage upgrade as there's only a half cage in there. 

That's not including "niceties" like a coat of paint and redo'ing the  front splitter which is a little damaged.

That list is partly, and being generally busy, is partly why the car has sat so long. It puts me off a bit. 

Went and measure up shed for wiring/water etc but next step will be to clean/wash the slab and seal it. 

Here's the view from inside, roller door is 5m x 3.2m20210117_094240.thumb.jpg.b60bc4c56de55ae5d75a5bd94bffbd18.jpg20210117_094311.thumb.jpg.10874083460bdfb2a2052f3af134cb31.jpg

• Like 4

What do you guys think of this value wise?

S15 180SX Rolling Shell

Exhaust is still there, nothing special fuel system wise just in tank pump. Comes with no rims. 

I wanted to do mine white, I like s15 + 180SX

Widebody done, 5 stud done, better cage done. 

Brakes no better than mine though, dunno how S15 subframe stacks up to GT-R, but mine is reinforced, that one isn't. 

Keep going with what you have at least you know the work done so far is good and eveything is there.
S15 subframe is better as gtr still hicas.
Get that motor in, 5 stud with 350/370 front brakes ($2000), good mechanical diff(1000-1500 has @Kinkstaahgot one for sale still?) and quality cage (2500-4000) & tyres (1200-2000), spend the rest on event entry.

I am sure some 18 year old would pay big bucks for the CA18 :4_joy:

LOL robbo, I have done most of the work... so to say it's "good" is a big assumption. Fair I do know what's been done, but It's by no means top shelf in any regard. 

You're forgetting a box, a fuel system, ECU, tuning, exhaust/intercooler fab work, oil cooler upgrade etc etc

• Haha 1

I would be keeping your current setup as still need to do all that in another car you bought. 
Still think a 350/370z would be good for you, cheaper than a clapped out s chassis and already good brakes & gearbox, working AC, cruise control and can fit big wheels easily. Just add a good diff and seat.

One of the best bits of work on that 180
Capture.JPG.bd9f0f79dc67d4c89375fce20864d73f.JPG

If wanting a 180 chassis that is sorted body wise(seam welded,new bushes, gtr diff, brembos, braced cradle & castor boxes) PM me as I am selling one of mine soon so can mod the 370z.

Sat down with a good old excel last night and it's clear to me, buying another car is the most cost effective method, regardless of which shell I end up putting the engine in. 

Ideally I'd put it in my car for the history and all that, but it will just depend on what I come across. 

So keep your eyes out for something suitable - big brakes, cd009 or z33 box, good diff, wide, 10" rims, and ideally something SR based so I can re-use parts of the hot/cold side maybe? Full cage good if bolt in or the shell is better than mine. 

In the meantime, I'll press on with the shed, get a hoist in. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, robbo_rb180 said:

The S15 is tasty!

I spoke to him about the S13, standard box, basic brakes, and 30k. 

I understand it includes spares and a trailer though but 30 seems rich for it TBH. 

I'll hit him up for a more complete list. 

Edited by ActionDan

22 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

The S15 is tasty!

I spoke to him about the S13, standard box, basic brakes, and 30k. 

I understand it includes spares and a trailer though but 30 seems rich for it TBH. 

I'll hit him up for a more complete list. 

Hey mate tried to PM you, wasn't able to. I might have something you could be interested in.

Send me a PM.