SAU Community

GTR Prices

The 400R's do already go for over 150k+ depending on condition so I would say they are around #2 or even #3. It's a hard comparison as its not easy to compare models as condition is key. So for example the ADM that sold for 91k (not including buyers premium or registration) would be around if not more than the same condition 34 atm with way lower KM's. For example there is a stock 1999 R34 GTR with 27,500kms for $94k on carsales atm.

My concern is more to do with when do the prices get driven so high by international demand that there no longer is a market domestically for the cars and the only option of selling is to sell overseas. I can probably safely assume that the ceiling for prices internationally is higher than domestically

2 minutes ago, Anfanee said:

Yeah as i said though i suspect the ADM will drop off a little bit as the overseas markets start to decide the prices, as outside of AU no one really cares for them. 

Yeah who knows all speculation at this point. It could end up like 930 turbos (and other 911's alike) where the ADM models are worth considerably more than imported cars (both RHD). Think its like a 50-100k difference in certain cases for those 930's. Regardless i'm not aiming to make a speculative profit. Idd rather keep the car for a considerable period of time and enjoy it :)

35 minutes ago, 21PC said:

Yeah who knows all speculation at this point. It could end up like 930 turbos (and other 911's alike) where the ADM models are worth considerably more than imported cars (both RHD). Think its like a 50-100k difference in certain cases for those 930's. Regardless i'm not aiming to make a speculative profit. Idd rather keep the car for a considerable period of time and enjoy it :)

ADM will always be worth more than a run of the mill GTR, i just suspect the nismo and the N1 will be worth more. ADM might eventually be on par with a good V spec 2, only time will tell. 

On 9/3/2017 at 7:33 PM, Birds said:

Someone mentioned numbers of 32R and 33R produced

FYI in that link the information is almost all wrong. Correct info can be found at GTR-Registry.com for production figures.

7 hours ago, sin- said:

FYI in that link the information is almost all wrong. Correct info can be found at GTR-Registry.com for production figures.

The overall production figures seem to be correct and in line with GTR registry?

What a great site that is by the way...interesting info on colour codes and how many were produced. My black 33R V-spec might be a thing of rarity one day, but not nearly as rare as an active red S3 :O

11 hours ago, Birds said:

The overall production figures seem to be correct and in line with GTR registry?

What a great site that is by the way...interesting info on colour codes and how many were produced. My black 33R V-spec might be a thing of rarity one day, but not nearly as rare as an active red S3 :O

BNR32 (1989-1994)

GTR - 40 390 > 40330

GTR V Spec - 1 453 > 1396

GTR V Spec II - 1 303 > 1306

GTR N1 - 228 > 245

GTR Group A Nismo - 560 correct

Australian Delivered GTR - 100* correct

Total BNR32 - 43 934 > 43937

Total R32 Skylines - 296 087 > 313419

* Unsure if the Australian GTR's are included under standard GTR's or they an extra 100

R33

BNR33 (1995-1998)

GTR - 9 871 > 9299 (plus up to 14 gtr/vspec or vspec n1)

GTR V Spec - 6 453* > 6568 (plus up to 14 gtr/vspec or vspec n1)

GTR LM Limited - 98 > 188

GTR N1 - ?? > 86 (might be slightly higher)

Nismo 400R - 44 probably correct

Nismo Autech GTR - 447 > 416

Total BNR33 - 16 422 > 16674

Total R33 Skylines - 217 133 > 180776

*Includes the unknown amount of N1's Produced

R34

BNR34 (1999-2002)

GTR - 3962 > 3977 (plus up to 20 gt-r/vspec/vspec n1)

GTR V Spec, V Spec II, M Spec - 7338* > 4192 vspec (plus up to 20 gt-r/vspec/vspec n1) / 1855 vspec ii / 366 mspec

GTR N1 - 45 > 38 vspec n1 / 18 vspec ii n1

GTR V Spec II NUR - 750 > 718

GTR M Spec NUR - 250 > 285

Nismo Z Tune - 19** probably correct

Total BNR34 - 12 345 > 11577

Total R34 Skylines - 64 623 > 67211

• Like 1

Yes but pretty much all of the numbers from Japan were totally wrong... of course at the time you didn't realise that, which is fine :)

All of the data is from Nissan FAST. I worked out all of the VIN (actually for R34 GT-R I checked all 1 million possible VIN because of the "2 R34 GT-R built in 2005 (which is incorrect too)", then automated the collection of colours, model codes, dates and interior codes. From the model codes I worked out all of the different types and options of GT-Rs.  From that data I worked out all of the build numbers for each type. I then put everything in an easy to search database to prove my numbers were correct and anyone can easily cross reference any build number. More than 1000 cars have been cross referenced and so far not a single one has proven incorrect.

Basically it was always claimed there 228 M-Spec. When I bought mine I wanted to find out what # M-Spec it was. Not longer after I found out there was 366... a pretty big difference! And then 1003 nur, not 1000, and 718/285, not 750/250. So I decided to collect all of the R34 GT-R data and pretty much everything previously 'known' was wrong.

Cheers.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sin- said:

BNR32 (1989-1994)

GTR - 40 390 > 40330

GTR V Spec - 1 453 > 1396

GTR V Spec II - 1 303 > 1306

GTR N1 - 228 > 245

GTR Group A Nismo - 560 correct

Australian Delivered GTR - 100* correct

Total BNR32 - 43 934 > 43937

Total R32 Skylines - 296 087 > 313419

* Unsure if the Australian GTR's are included under standard GTR's or they an extra 100

R33

BNR33 (1995-1998)

GTR - 9 871 > 9299 (plus up to 14 gtr/vspec or vspec n1)

GTR V Spec - 6 453* > 6568 (plus up to 14 gtr/vspec or vspec n1)

GTR LM Limited - 98 > 188

GTR N1 - ?? > 86 (might be slightly higher)

Nismo 400R - 44 probably correct

Nismo Autech GTR - 447 > 416

Total BNR33 - 16 422 > 16674

Total R33 Skylines - 217 133 > 180776

*Includes the unknown amount of N1's Produced

R34

BNR34 (1999-2002)

GTR - 3962 > 3977 (plus up to 20 gt-r/vspec/vspec n1)

GTR V Spec, V Spec II, M Spec - 7338* > 4192 vspec (plus up to 20 gt-r/vspec/vspec n1) / 1855 vspec ii / 366 mspec

GTR N1 - 45 > 38 vspec n1 / 18 vspec ii n1

GTR V Spec II NUR - 750 > 718

GTR M Spec NUR - 250 > 285

Nismo Z Tune - 19** probably correct

Total BNR34 - 12 345 > 11577

Total R34 Skylines - 64 623 > 67211

I'm okay with ~5% variance on the overall GTR production figures...that's really not going to change the values significantly, nor the ratio of 32:33:34 rarity. Special/unique models a different case.

2016 through to 1st half of 2017, R33 GT-Rs have turned the corner and R32 GT-Rs along with R34 GT-Rs have gone up quite a bit, especially if they're rare.
Rare Porsches have also climbed
But all of the above haven't necessarily gone north to any great extent for the past 3 months except those which are extremely rare.

Assuming they're good condition...
R33 GT-Rs are going up steadily.
R32 GT-Rs up to 1992 are being lapped up by the USA
R34 GT-Rs are still in great demand because China has entered the market.
The Chinese on the mainland have found a loophole, despite the fact that rules don't permit direct importation of RHD vehicles.
So bidding at Japanese auctions are done from Hong Kong.
Once complied and registered in HK, they then have to go through a second registration process to go into mainland China - carrying a second registration plate. 

• Like 1

Massive drop in prices at one dealer in QLD on carsales for many GTR's. Would be interesting to know the grade on some of these vehicles tbh. Like an R32 GTR V spec in black for 40k atm, idd think its a similar deal to the Grade 0 V spec 2 for 45k atm

12 hours ago, GTR-N1 said:

The Chinese on the mainland have found a loophole, despite the fact that rules don't permit direct importation of RHD vehicles.

So bidding at Japanese auctions are done from Hong Kong.
Once complied and registered in HK, they then have to go through a second registration process to go into mainland China - carrying a second registration plate. 

China getting in on the action, oh dear... (for buyers). Good news for current owners though lel

Oz market for these cars is pretty small, and they only became popular once prices dropped significantly in the mid 2000's

With prices going back up it will be a hard sell to most GT-R fans (like myself), so this will only leave the speculators and collectors with deep pockets in the market, and only then top cars may sell while the rest will sit for months, even years without being sold

12 hours ago, 21PC said:

Massive drop in prices at one dealer in QLD on carsales for many GTR's. Would be interesting to know the grade on some of these vehicles tbh. Like an R32 GTR V spec in black for 40k atm, idd think its a similar deal to the Grade 0 V spec 2 for 45k atm

Yeah, saw that just now at work on my daily R32 hunt, dropped almost 10k. Pretty suss though, mismatched seats interior, badly written description etc is enough to turn me away.

1 hour ago, junkie said:

Oz market for these cars is pretty small, and they only became popular once prices dropped significantly in the mid 2000's

With prices going back up it will be a hard sell to most GT-R fans (like myself), so this will only leave the speculators and collectors with deep pockets in the market, and only then top cars may sell while the rest will sit for months, even years without being sold

Yep, hoping prices plateau and come back down to a reasonable price for the condition. Between entering GTR ownership and first home ownership is seemingly equally as unrealistic for me right now

The 32 had Motorsport domination, a cult following from movies, and it was the original and only Godzilla. I realistically don't see the 33 being worth more than a 32, as it really didn't do anything special. The 32 had the motorsport domination, the 34 was really thanks to fast and the furious and the like. The 33, didn't really have much though, it was just the middle child.  However the prices of the 34 i think will drag both up, i pretty much always expect a standard like for like GTR (so not including Z tune, LM 33, V specs) i expect the 34 will always be worth roughly double what a 32 of equivalent condition is. With the different variants moving from there. Like wise i think 33's will be worth 10-20% less than a 32 of equal value, depending on the price of the 32. I suspect that gap will get a little bigger as they keep going up. Rarity is possible that they will sit on par with the 32, but realistically the only thing driving the 33's price is the 34+32. I don't think ive ever met someone that specifically wanted a 33, usually it's "i wanted a 34 but couldn't afford, and i wanted something a bit newer than a 32". 
Really there is no way either will ever catch the 34, that thing will be nuts. I'm kicking myself for not getting on when they were in the 30's. When you consider there are already Z- Tunes going for Phase 3 GTHO money when they peaked, you realise these things have a long way to go. 
The thing that will really start to drive the prices, is when Japan has exported them all out, and they start to want them back again. [mention=44971]GTR-N1[/mention] Terry i think made a comment about the Japs not realising how special these cars are (specifically the N1), and half expects the rare models to make their way back to Japan at some point. 
I'm expecting the top sellers:
#1 Z-Tune
#2 R34 N1
#3 R32 N1/R34 GTR V specs
#4 400R / R34 GTR
#5 R32 Nismo / R33 N1
#6 R32 ADM / R33 LM
#7 R33 V specs / R32 GTR
#8 R33 GTR
Just my guestimate of what the prices might do, im 50/50 on if the 400R would be higher. Maybe move the 400R up even with the R32 N1? Eventually the ADM R32 will fall to the rare overseas models, as the prices will be driven globally, not by the Aust market. The ADM might sit higher, don't know. Only a guess based upon what i see by rarity/how much demand there is. 
Only time will tell my friend, the next 5 or so years will really paint the picture of what these will do. 

Anthony is correct I think in saying that the 33R would continue to go up (or down) according to hanging on the 32R and 34R skirt tails.