SAU Community

Turbo and cam suggestions RB25 neo

sergi_dee

17 minutes ago, r32-25t said:

Including your wallet 

It’s a few hungered more than a gen 2 GTX. So after buying gates, manifolds, lines blah blah it’s almost insignificant.

1250cc would be plenty,, also they're easier to fit as they're 3/4 length not 1/2 length like the 1300/1550/1700 injectors out there.

Okay sweet thank you, what size gate should I go 45mm with a 14psi spring? Was thinking of going with the hybrid top mount manifold and the proflow ffp?

Going of gcg website a gtx3582 gen2 is $3140 and the efr8374 is $3810.

Now I’m sure both could be found cheaper but it’s a price anyone can search and see I’m not just pulling numbers out of thin air

• Like 1

FFP also isn't exactly needed, i.e save your money.

GTX3582 and 8374 are gonna be too laggy for a motor that only revs to 7k. Unless you rev it to 8k, in which case see earlier comments re: "Stock motor compatibility". Think full boost at 4500RPM and see earlier comments re: "RWD"

Excellent for GTR, especially ones already had a rebuild. If you're smart you can mount something that'll do 350+ every day to the stock manifold location and not need a FFP, not need external gates and their plumbing/exhaust and not need a rebuilt motor for much longer and also have such useful features as "having grip" and "boost well before 4k"

FWIW I was told in a single gate setup you'd need a 50mm gate. I have one and it works quite well actually, can run as low as 10-11psi. Keep in mind you also have a R34 so clearance in that region for big exhausts and EWG's and screamer pipes may not be compatible with "Air conditioning" unless you have a fabricator with a lot of patience.

All of that for 20kw you wont notice and lack of a million things you will

if you ever want to make 500kW I have a brand new motor that's never started before sitting at home...

Kind of over it.. so if you come give me enough cash you can take the lot and if you give me enough I'll throw in a free car with enough track suspension mods you'll cum your pants.. all it needs is a roll cage and will be competitive.. has Brembo brakes too.

if you ever want to make 500kW I have a brand new motor that's never started before sitting at home...
Kind of over it.. so if you come give me enough cash you can take the lot and if you give me enough I'll throw in a free car with enough track suspension mods you'll cum your pants.. all it needs is a roll cage and will be competitive.. has Brembo brakes too.

Inboxed

19 minutes ago, sergi_dee said:

Maybe I'll do just cut and shut and relocated the throttle so I have shorter pipping and don't have pipes over the motor.

No no no no.  The Nissan plenum is designed to be fed from the centre, not the end.  No-one who bastardises the factory plenum ever seems to think of this.

There's nothing wrong with pipes over the motor.  There's nothing wrong with the "long" length of pipework.  Any such perception is faulty.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, sergi_dee said:

Ahaha okay just because so many people do it thought it was a good and cheap move and to shorten them pipes. What about the freddy plenums? Just because when I go top mount it will interfere with the piping

Nah, look at @klutched's build has stock plenum and high mount.

• Like 1

Imo if you must go high mount and ffp run a GTX3576R with T4 twinscroll mani with divider all the way to a 45 or 50mm gate. For FFP get a Plazmaman plenum from @Dose Pipe Sutututu

You can use stock mani and do a custom crossover pipe like ive done. They stock intakes will flow more than you are asking. Im at 374rwkw 20psi with a GT3076r Hypergate45 1000cc injectors, CRG highmount, 256 cams, gasket and studs. Would wind it up more but compressor is flowing its dick off. Ive seen a few guys with gtx3076r's get to 400rwkw but 27-30psi.

For cams throw in a set of 260deg cams and valvesprings to keep it responsive and add some mid/top end power. 

• Like 1