SAU Community

34 neo head replacements

K3nnyq3

Hi.
I think my cylinder head has a crack in it, as i started seeing coolant in one of the heads cavities near intake manifold. 
So im thinking of getting a new one. 
Question is, which ones fit? 
Its rb25det neo engine with a turbo.
The rest of the car is pretty much stock.

Will r33 rb25det head do the job? What other options do i have? Or may the leak be coming from somewhere else? I have a very poor picture of the spot where the coolant is (1st cylinder from the front of the car, right above intake manifolds bolts). Leak is excessive enough to drip on the alternator from there, but i can't notice any coolant level drops in radiator or expansion tank.  

011143482911753.jpg

Hmm. ill try to clean it all up and start her for a short while. Maybe it will give me a better idea about where the leak is coming from. 
It also does this... sort of like a relay klicking sound while under boost. It can be heard while idling too, but quietly. Only with warm engine. Maybe somehow related... if there is a crack in the head?

Edited by K3nnyq3

RB engines usually have broken exhaust manifold studs after they've been in service for a long while.  Replacing them is an exercise, but normal enough.

Put it this way, if you have to take the hot and cold sides off, it gives you an opportunity to inspect, clean and replace a lot of shit that can give you grief.  It's not all bad.

Well, some good news. Just for the others to know who might have similar problem the coolant is actually leaking from the bleeder hose. I did see some coolant marks near there before, but i assumed that's from the last bleeding as it looked dry.  Higher revs revealed the truth tho. 
Even with warm engine i couldn't hear ticking. Ill try again next time it take her out for a spin as working under load seems to bring that sound out.
Thank you all for the replies tho. Very nice community. 

I would still like to keep this thread active til i find the source of that clicking noise.