SAU Community

Ground up rebuild R32 GTST

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
16 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Looks amazing. Keep a good layer of your preferred sealant on it, boy do reds love to fade lol 

definitely going to protect is as much as I can lol.  Gettin the main dash painted to match and then bolting up all the carbon fiber pieces.

51 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

You're painting the dash? Which parts? 

basically the whole main dash itself.  i have a carbon fiber glove box, carbon fiber radio bezel down through the entire center console, the steering surround, and the gauge cluster surround.  I also have a sheet metal rear seat delete and sheet metal door cards that I am going to have hydro dipped carbon fiber to match as close as I can.  

2 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

so what colour are you poainting the dash itself? 

red to match the car.  I just got a truck from someone that has a paint matched dash and I love it so I am going to do the same to the skyline.  only way to really "modernize" the dash so the interior doesnt look so dated.

download.png

1 minute ago, ActionDan said:

Well, it's not my style, but it's your car and you've got to love it.

If re-sale matters to you, I would strongly suggest not doing that particular mod, but if that's not a concern, go wild and enjoy it :D 

I will be buried in this thing at this point.  There is way too much money wrapped up in it to ever bother selling it.  When I say ground up, I mean ground up.  There's not many parts or pieces that havent been upgraded or replaced with new oem parts.  It will basically be a brand new car that I plan on driving every damn day! haha

• Like 1

1 minute ago, K_arlstrom said:

Bold move! Need to see how it ends up

follow the build.  now that it will be back at my house tomorrow, I get to really start digging into it and putting it all back together!  

15 minutes ago, K_arlstrom said:

Will do! I'm two steps behind you but probably close to 45k AUD deep into my rebuild... Always a comfort to see someone else go all out too ?

Im almost 75k USD into mine so far but Im about all in. Not much left to buy at this point.  Its all piled up in my basement ready to go.  

4 minutes ago, kaiju_r32 said:

Im almost 75k USD into mine so far but Im about all in. Not much left to buy at this point.  Its all piled up in my basement ready to go.  

Best type of insanity! My worst fear at the moment is that my car will get too good, that the driving will feel dull since I can't use its potential. 

Oh well, back to topic, this is your thread after all! You went with a trigger kit, s13 subframe and newer color. Got any other modification to share with the rest of us? Found the thing that will make it truly your car? (maybe the dash?) 

28 minutes ago, K_arlstrom said:

Best type of insanity! My worst fear at the moment is that my car will get too good, that the driving will feel dull since I can't use its potential. 

Oh well, back to topic, this is your thread after all! You went with a trigger kit, s13 subframe and newer color. Got any other modification to share with the rest of us? Found the thing that will make it truly your car? (maybe the dash?) 

Better than drugs right?!  I also went drive by wire with a 350z pedal and a ctsv throttle body.  Going full air suspension and all gktech adjustable arms.  Shaved door handles and trunk lock.  Trying to go neo power steering pump to get rid of the dual stage pump, hopefully I can get that to work.  Engine was rebuilt.  New gaskets, rings, and seals.  Poncams and adjustable pulleys.  Cant think of anything else thats too crazy lol.