SAU Community

Ground up rebuild R32 GTST

So my car is completely stripped down now, shell is off to paint, and engine is at the machine shop for a refresh.  Once back in my hands, the fun starts of putting her back together.  Follow along!

• Like 1

They had sent me a walkaround of the car showing all the areas where the clearcoat was peeling and offered to repaint the car if I wanted so I had them go ahead and repaint the car A54 to be a brighter color than the AH3.

IMG_5891.JPG

IMG_5892.JPG

IMG_5894.JPG

Once the car was in my hands, I needed to get rid of those dated RPF1's.  I know they are a favorite of most of the car community but they just aren't my taste.  Went with a set of 18x9 +30 Aodhan LS007's on 245/35 BF Goodrich G-Force T/A KDW's.  I love the aggressive tread pattern.

IMG_1010.JPG

IMG_0843.JPG

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, KiwiRS4T said:

Good work. Have you considered replacing the heater core while the dash is out!

I actually was thinking of replacing all of the heat and ac components that I can come across to make sure its good for another 25 years! 

9 hours ago, ActionDan said:

Is that Active Red? 

Hahaha!  Paint code is A54.  I'm sure it goes by a few different names, but wanted to keep it a Nissan color.  I wasn't a fan of the AH3.  Too dark and gloomy for me.  

18 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Similar but no, Nissan had quite a few reds through the models. This looks good. 

Why are you pulling it down if it was already resprayed? 

I like your wheels better than the RPFs

because when it was painted, they didnt do the engine bay so it didnt match.  and then some quarter panel rust was coming back so I decided to get the overfenders to get rid of it...and then went wider front fenders, hood, bumper, and spoiler...so it all just needed to get done since I was pulling the motor too.  I basically want it to be pretty much a brand new car when its back together and last another 25 years lol.

9 minutes ago, ActionDan said:

Nice, it will look great when it's done.

Plans for the engine? 

full rebuild to just refresh everything and then bolt on some good stuff.  kinugawa bolt on turbo.  fmic.  r35 coils, r35 injectors, emu black ecu, front facing intake w/ ls drive by wire throttle body, 350z drive by wire pedal, tomei cams and adjustable gears.  all the basics.  I'm also completely removing hicas with an s13 subframe and all of gktech's adjustable arms, and added air ride.