SAU Community

R33 (S2) sedan missing like a moffo AT times ??

OK GUYS.....hoping some one with more upstairs than me can maybe shed some light on my problem...being its doing my f#@king head in ..!!!

what I am working with ::; R33 (S2) SEDAN. (5 Speed )106,XXX Kys. 160 across all 6. ALL BLITZ :: TD05 TURBO. alloy intake. I/COOLER. twin ZONE BOOST CONTROLLER. Alloy INTAKE. pod filter . 100 Mill EXHAUST. 750 Injectors . Blitz reg.. t/ timer. ect.ect..

I am an old fart now and had 12 R33,s over my time but THIS ….  has got me ….Whenever it wants to it just shits itself "spark" wise and misses and spits and breaks down at ANY REVS..?  it CAN do this  after a cold start at tick over and run on 4 ? (sounds like it ?) it WILL come good ? ?  hit the road and 10 mins later of good get up and go.....  it falls apart AGAIN ….on boost .. or...off boost !! (running 1.2 bar...  

NOW...have changed Coil Packs (new )...have changed plugs (new ) I evan bought 2 sets of plugs in case a couple were dicky ??  NOT 6 months ago had a full (POWER F/C ) TUNE !  any help on this Fella,s would be appreciated ? …..OR.....  I am in for another Power F/C tune....!!!!  cheers Nick P.

cheers my friend ...for the quick Reply !  THIS...is why I posted up !!  do you start throwing coin at an "RB" trying to snag a "WIN" when It come to this sort of problem ?  ( I am looking at CAS ? ) at this stage ?

have another R33 Coupe in the gge… may swap these units over to see IF I get lucky ?

Just finished changing ALL "vac"  lines just in case ?  thanks for your Input !

Boost leaks are frequently found hiding in metal to metal seals with gaskets (think plenum, etc).

What plug gaps?

What are the new coils? If they are rainbow coloured, they are for rainbows. We only accept new genuine Nissan, Splitfire, or substantial upgrades as proof that they should work.

State of the fuel pump? If it's dying, it can cause lean misses.

GTS BOY....  I AM over it already !!   have better things to do on a Sat than chase gremlins ??

NOT  a boost leak.  this IS DEF an electrical problem !

but in answer to your Q,s....  "yellow jacket" coils. plug gap "08". does not matter if I have the $130 a set plugs in... or....  the $35 a set in ?? the problem IS inconsistent !!! this IS what is doing my head in ??

can miss on start up...… can miss when ever it wants at any rev range. can be cruising along at 60 kys and you can feel it come on (car falls apart ) ? 5 maybe 10 mins of Shit..... and it goes away till later ?

have closed the bonnet for now & will book it in with Matty at PITTS  next week.. !! "book it" don't know how long before I can get in into him to check it out . Busy Shop by all accounts ?? Shit happens I guess.

OK GUYS..??   "YELLOW JACKET" COILS !!!

I AM going to take a shot in the dark here and say you boys DONT like them..? 

any advance on 2 Peeps saying THEY are my problem here ??   cheers.

LOL....

Love the hit rate, 9/10 misfires always relate to colourful coil packs.

My advice, stick to black OR blue.. avoid any other colour 

How to fix:

1. Buy proper coil packs, can be OEM or R35 conversion kit or Genuine Splitfire ones
  2. Remove current set
  3. Throw them into the bin
  4. Install new coilpacks
  5. Start up car
  6. Do a massive skid and post it up here
  • Like 1

Take the CAS off and turn it by hand - feel for any roughness that indicates stuffed bearing - or better still swap in a known good one.

Yellow Jackets (or red ones or anything but OEM or Splitfires) are a known weak point.

Could still be fuel supply problem.

OK BOB...totally agree with "cas" ? so have today had this out & swapped with one from my build r33 coupe in the GGE... NO change . so its not this.

Fuel delivery was done by previous owner ? don't know what pump it is but by jingo it IS a big unit ? I have a 044 In the coupe and this pump is twice the bloody size (all black ) !!

still leaning towards C/Packs ? car was doing the same but worse around 14 months ago with the stockers in...  hence the yellows . will grab a set of SPITS and throw these in and see if I get lucky ?

if not……..   tuner !!

• Like 1

Are you saying it was missing with stock coils so you put in yellow jackets and it fixed it, now it is missing again?

I'm that case it is definetily the coil packs.

OK LADS....   I get your point !!   YES...  the car was running rough soon after I bought it and the "yellow jackets" fixed this a while back !   now back to crap again .

being an old fart at 63 …  I am looking elsewhere being I have  not got 2 years out of the yellow,s ?

not to mention...….  shit I am going though some fuel at the moment !!!!!

have put my name on a set of gen spitfires and will post up what if anything changes when fitted ??

appreciate your input lads...…….   cheers Nick P.

OK....   Quick one lads...  I can lay my hands on a very good set of "spits"

question  ::::   they are for/off a 1996 GTR....WILL these fit my (S2) RB25DET ???

How can I tell..??   the seller Don't know ???  cheers Nick .