SAU Community

Best Brake Upgrade for Looks

On 30/05/2023 at 9:27 AM, robbo_rb180 said:

may have ABS issues and a possible hand/park brake relocation.

Literally bought evo 8 brembos 2 days ago to do the conversion using alpha omega adaptors, lines, bigger BMC etc

What abs issues can there be if I do this upgrade?

9 hours ago, YD34GTT said:

I'm assuming you're only upgrading the front?

If so, no issues.

When you bleed the brakes make sure part of your process involves going around the block and activating ABS then rebleeding again.

I find pulling up the handbrake abruptly, then slamming the brakes is enough to trigger the ABS at low/safe speeds as there's enough of a wheel speed indifference from front and rear.

I'm sure there's an easier way of cycling the pump but there's not much info on it.

17 minutes ago, Dose Pipe Sutututu said:

I'm assuming you're only upgrading the front?

If so, no issues.

When you bleed the brakes make sure part of your process involves going around the block and activating ABS then rebleeding again.

I find pulling up the handbrake abruptly, then slamming the brakes is enough to trigger the ABS at low/safe speeds as there's enough of a wheel speed indifference from front and rear.

I'm sure there's an easier way of cycling the pump but there's not much info on it.

I actually bought a full set haha so goinh fronts and back :/ will there be an issue, really don't want to get rid of ABS 

2 minutes ago, Kinkstaah said:

Do what I do, which is bleed the brakes awesomely then go to the track and hit ABS a couple of times and enjoy the rest of the day with a spongey yet ....mostly effective pedal.

:/

Did you do the evo brembo conversion? 

Changing your front and rear brakes is not going to cause you ABS problems

What might is if you have air in the lines, because if that air makes it into the tiny sections of the ABS module it is hard to bleed out again. There are 2 bleeders on the ABS unit that you should always bleed (last) when you do the brakes

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, YD34GTT said:

Did you do the evo brembo conversion? 

No, I am just lamenting that I do not know the way of bleeding a R34 GTT ABS system. So I... don't, and find out about it when I activate ABS 😛

• Haha 1

13 hours ago, YD34GTT said:

Literally bought evo 8 brembos 2 days ago to do the conversion using alpha omega adaptors, lines, bigger BMC etc

As has been said its mainly bleeding correctly. Bleed lines to caliper, Bleed at master (ensure you bench bleed before fitting)(may require another bleed at caliper) then bleed at the ABS unit. Go for a drive and rebleed calipers and ABS module. Won't have any problems if done right 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Duncan said:

Changing your front and rear brakes is not going to cause you ABS problems

What might is if you have air in the lines, because if that air makes it into the tiny sections of the ABS module it is hard to bleed out again. There are 2 bleeders on the ABS unit that you should always bleed (last) when you do the brakes

Are there bleeders on the R33/R34 ABS units? I thought it was just the R32 but maybe I haven't looked hard enough.

1 hour ago, waggat said:

BTW.... for an update, I went with the following:

Project Mu 4 piston calipers and 350mm rotors up front

370z Akebono calipers and 350mm rotors rear

Project mu calipers ? Nice but gg talk about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Have you tried looking for evo brembos? You'd be surprised, I found front and Rears evo 8 brembos for 1.5k, 

Need to consider adaptors, lines, rotors pads etc 

I guess if $ isn't a problem project mu is good but be prepared to pay over 3.2k for fronts only 

8 hours ago, YD34GTT said:

Project mu calipers ? Nice but gg talk about $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Have you tried looking for evo brembos? You'd be surprised, I found front and Rears evo 8 brembos for 1.5k, 

Need to consider adaptors, lines, rotors pads etc 

I guess if $ isn't a problem project mu is good but be prepared to pay over 3.2k for fronts only 

Hey mate, yeah Evo Brembos were probably the main option I was considering. But my mate is selling his S15 and selling me his front Project Mu brakes (so not too expensive). Went with the Akebono rear as I can get everything except adaptors used for a good price.

On 30/5/2023 at 8:49 AM, Murray_Calavera said:

R35 GTR brakes with carbon ceramic rotors look the best for sure. 

R35 brakes for sure, that’s what I went for, for functional and looks, got my set with new oem rotors and dixel pads. 380mm rear and 390mm fronts, just me mindful it will limit your wheel options 

CC635A14-295C-4BA5-8E4D-461F1685FC2B.jpeg

• Like 2