SAU Community

Wheel Sizes & Offsets For Skylines

• 1 month later...

afternoon all,

Im looking at rims for my 32gtst.

Im liking the work emotion XT7 range.

The guards will be rolled and have front adjustable and rear adjustable arms. I dont want top pull the guards at all but happy to run some camber. 

they come in 18 X 9.5 - [5-100, 5-114.3 / +12, +22, +30, +38] - Deep concave

10.5 +22 Ultra deep

What do you think my go to will be front and rear

You're not getting 10.5s on it at either end, without wider guards. So just forget that.

The real question will be whether you could ever get 9.5s on the front. They might just be able to squeeze on the back, given camber arms.

I go back to the one true known thing, which is that R33 GTR wheels fit and they are 9" +30. A 9.5 will need to find up to an extra half inch of clearance, probably on the outside. it might be better if there was a +25 option.

The other thing to remember is that the rear subframe tends to sit off to one side, so you have different guard to wheel alignment from side to side. This is fine most of the time, but when you are trying to cram absolutely everything in......

You gotta keep in mind when people talk fitment in 2023, the rim and tyre are two seperate entities.

a 9.5 +27 fits in the same space a 9 +30 does... if the measurement you are actually using is a 265/35/18 tyre mounted to it..... I am sure you know where I'm going with this.

Of course, to a degree a rim will physically hit suspension components or be 30mm outside the guard even if the tyre is inside it. Of course you and I would say that's stupid, but instagram may disagree.

42 minutes ago, Adz2332 said:

Haha I definitely don't want to go hella flush lol. It's more about liking the deep concave wheel look over the semi concave. 

www.willtheyfit.com

Very useful. Or measure. As GTSBoy said, 17x9 +30 just about lines up perfect with the outside of the guard.

10.5 +22 is 27mm beyond the guard.

• Thanks 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 31/01/2023 at 10:41 AM, niZmO_Man said:

Yeah. You could re-lip the rears to 9-9.5" if you like.

Thanks for that. Should they be a flush fit do you know. I did think of a re-lip but a decent price and quality in the UK is hard to come by.

They won't be flush at 8"+28.

2 hours ago, CHRISSID6 said:

I did think of a re-lip but a decent price and quality in the UK is hard to come by.

Say what? There would have to be hundreds of trustworthy wheel houses in the US. You have 15x Australia's population and I can think of 5 people I would trust to do work on wheels, just in my state of 1.7M people. And price is not a factor. Quality work on wheels is not cheap anywhere.

12 hours ago, GTSBoy said:

They won't be flush at 8"+28.

Say what? There would have to be hundreds of trustworthy wheel houses in the US. You have 15x Australia's population and I can think of 5 people I would trust to do work on wheels, just in my state of 1.7M people. And price is not a factor. Quality work on 

Will they stick further in or out do you know? 

By the time I have shipped the wheels out to the US it will cost loads so ideally somewhere local in the UK.  

There is a company called Rimscarnated

that seem to do nice work which is a option. 

• 3 weeks later...

Just bought an R34 GTT from Garage Defend and want to get some more aggressive wheels for it to fill these fenders (guards). My car has a GTR front end conversion with some sort of rear overfender which I don’t know how much the extension is from stock. I’m guessing +25mm wider?

Couple questions I have is how much wider is the GTR OEM fenders than stock GTT?

How much wider are GTR Ztune fenders compared to stock GTT?

I am looking to do a 19x9.5 -3 and 19x10.5 +/- 0. 

245/35/19 Front 

265/35/19 rear 

E791633F-D135-4C9F-A8E8-7B5A817A518C.jpeg

D6E8E5AF-3CE7-4877-B039-A6A4AF02A396.jpeg

EE7CBC4B-26C1-4FE8-A326-94539F9A203D.jpeg

54177075-DB81-4263-A470-C5B033D0681E.jpeg