SAU Community

[Closed] Borg Warner Efr Series Turbos

Lithium

I have the catalogue in my hot little hands now and will venture over to elite racing to sit down and have a conflab with dan'el sahn as to wether this product is a viable proposition from a dollar view point.

Quality comes at a price it would seem.

I have the catalogue in my hot little hands now and will venture over to elite racing to sit down and have a conflab with dan'el sahn as to wether this product is a viable proposition from a dollar view point.

Will you change the manifold as well to run twin gates?

Well the Sierra Sierra EVO has knocked 2 seconds off its personal best (which happens to have been the lap record for the track, which it took off HKS) at Buttonwillow on the first day of US Superlap using an EFR8374, gotta be promising...

Hard to put that down to the turbo alone though.

Hard to put that down to the turbo alone though.

Of course, but I would suspect it has got to be partly to do with it given they'd been whittling down to match HKS' time previously then suddenly are able to knock another couple of seconds off.

Of course, but I would suspect it has got to be partly to do with it given they'd been whittling down to match HKS' time previously then suddenly are able to knock another couple of seconds off.

Big development packages, always nice when changes work Lol.

For that level of performance increase I would be thinking major aerodynamic update in conjunction with everything else.

Be very interesting to see how these BW turbos shape up in the pretty competitive twins ~ 450 - 600 HP bracket.

Big development packages, always nice when changes work Lol.

For that level of performance increase I would be thinking major aerodynamic update in conjunction with everything else.

Be very interesting to see how these BW turbos shape up in the pretty competitive twins ~ 450 - 600 HP bracket.

It would be quite difficult to improve 2 seconds a lap on the aero package they were already using. According to those guys the car had enough downforce at superlap that it could actually drive upside down.

Sharing is caring Mr Baron :P

76427_468226701128_575236128_6069185_8246579_n.jpg

well since someone else posted this i am excited for these i have been talking to geoff @ full race bout these for a bit about these pretty keen to give the

6258 or 6758 on as pictured for my new motor..

was told not to post up the photos however.

was hoping for stock location low mounts but these i think have changed my mind.

And then Garrett go and release the GTX graphs LOL

Decisions decisions for you :dry:

well since someone else posted this i am excited for these i have been talking to geoff @ full race bout these for a bit about these pretty keen to give the

6258 or 6758 on as pictured for my new motor..

was told not to post up the photos however.

was hoping for stock location low mounts but these i think have changed my mind.

I found those photos on the UK forum... that being said it looks very messy in there. Are these new improved turbos (considering the Garrett GTX series too) worth the extra $$$ for the extra performance; and is it quantifiable yet? i.e. 300rpm better spool or 1000rpm?

Bigmikespec - I think the thing about these turbos is that for a given size the spool/response should be a little better (ie, EFR8374 equal or better than a GT3582R in spool) but flow like a GT4088R or a T04Z... so if you are matching for a given power level you could argueably have a far far more responsive turbo than previously.

Take this unit: http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/borg...6758-turbo.html

Flows somewhere between a Garrett GT3071R and Garrett GT3076R with a turbo that would be more comparable packaging (and potentially response) wise to an HKS GT-RS. For the people who get all wussy about GT30 spool when aiming for 250+rwkw, this could be a bit of a "new black" option.

Only 4 in the last couple of years. :thumbsup:

Crikey, in what kind of conditions?

Bigmikespec - I think the thing about these turbos is that for a given size the spool/response should be a little better (ie, EFR8374 equal or better than a GT3582R in spool) but flow like a GT4088R or a T04Z... so if you are matching for a given power level you could argueably have a far far more responsive turbo than previously.

Take this unit: http://www.full-race.com/store/turbos/borg...6758-turbo.html

Flows somewhere between a Garrett GT3071R and Garrett GT3076R with a turbo that would be more comparable packaging (and potentially response) wise to an HKS GT-RS. For the people who get all wussy about GT30 spool when aiming for 250+rwkw, this could be a bit of a "new black" option.

Crikey, in what kind of conditions?

Street, Track, Strip. doesnt seem to matter, I have a friend in a similar situ with these 35r turbos. He has done the same amount in the same time frame.

The feedback from the last turbo (which looks remarkably similar to the 35r from the sierra sierra nightmare) is that we are spooling the turbo too hard. Given the selection process i fail to see how. Garret claim the turbo is good for 2/5 litre engines, We're using a 3 litre. We are only using 23/24 lb of boost and the revs are limited at 7500 rpm.

Theres something not right with the 36r imo. wether its too much turbo for the cartridge size or something else I have no idea but there is too much evidence both real and anecdotal that it has a definite reliability problem when pushed a bit.

I am not going there again.