SAU Community

Vic Wasteland Thread

R31Nismoid

"Greg"

This is a new shell.

Yes I meant the hankook RS3 sorry. If they are equiv, and $250 a tyre, well.. that's some coin saved.

re: My suspension

I hit a kerb, hard. Damaging a wheel, and bending a tie rod end.

Got that fixed and wheel repaired and new castor arms. all good.

Went under car, noticed the bracket I don't know the name of (what the front sway bar bolts to) has literally snapped off in half.

So that's nice. No idea when that happened.

I also asked TT to set my ride height at 350FR and 345R height. It felt floaty as FAAARK in the rear and I just blamed it on hicas till I actually measured the car and found the front is 330mm and the rear is 368mm.

So yeah....

How f**king hard did you hit it!? I went through a HUGE pothole a couple of weeks back. Took chunks out of both LH wheels and threw my alignment out. Gonna call the council and see what they'll do about it.

Nah, ever since I got the rears put in, I noticed it felt really tail... 'rolly' as though the weight balance was 99% front, all the time. But I supplied the struts and springs to TT, as they came off the old car.

But stupid me didn't really think about the fact that while the fronts came off my old car, the rears struts were swapped, so the setting for rear height was lost when that happened. Did give them ride heights but as they (TT) figured they were swapping from one car to another they didn't need adjusting.

I had no idea the front sway was basically removed from the car via kinetic force.

If it all gets fixed up and it still feels weird then I dunno. Car didn't have that behaviour on the springs it initially came with, nor did my old car with the exact same setup.

but I'll probably blow my engine up again between now and when its time for another alignment

This is a new shell.

Yes I meant the hankook RS3 sorry. If they are equiv, and $250 a tyre, well.. that's some coin saved.

so this was the tyre that won street class at WTAC first 2 years.

then Yokohama sponsored and forced people on to their tyre.

so yeah it good.

That's The only prob with NT05's

The indicators coke up reeeeally fast. The trick is to not give a f**k and drive the shit out of them anyway. I used to rock mine well past the indicators

This is what I did.. although in wet you had to be real dam careful

I think I got 10,000km or maybe bit more out of them.. rears were shagged but fronts were still fine, usually I go down to the wire.. alignment Greg?

Edited by UNR33L

AD08 >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> RS3

By far.

Why? (srs question)

Longevity?

The NT05's are just touching the indicators in the center now, on the sides there's maaarginally more, but barely enough to catch a fingernail on.

Where else to go for alignment duties? TT always been nice to me, but heard a few things now...

Where else to go for alignment duties? TT always been nice to me, but heard a few things now...

i havent really tried many reputable workshops in the south/east, but i still happily do the drive to Thomastown for Centreline.

TT no good anymore?

lol yeah what's this - xouldn't have a thread on suspension without someone saying go to TT, now they shit?

This is what I did.. although in wet you had to be real dam careful

I think I got 10,000km or maybe bit more out of them.. rears were shagged but fronts were still fine, usually I go down to the wire.. alignment Greg?

Yeah i got an easy 10k from the fronts for daily duties and a few deca's. Probably would have got to 15 but I usually put them in the rears and fried them.

I disagree about the wet though. A car that needs NT05's is going to f**k you in the ass in the wet no matter what

Yeah i got an easy 10k from the fronts for daily duties and a few deca's. Probably would have got to 15 but I usually put them in the rears and fried them.

I disagree about the wet though. A car that needs NT05's is going to f**k you in the ass in the wet no matter what

That's a good point, when road is just wet its true it's more so when it' soaked with a few mm of sitting water even shitty tyres with channels to get rid of the water makes me feel a little better instead of a flat bald tyre aquaplaning

Anyone ever commuted to work everyday on a bike? thinking about it..

Dem cold feels and wetness may be worth saving an hour a day..

Edited by UNR33L