SAU Community

Fuel Pump Thread - Pros & Cons

QRI05E

Fuel Pump Poll  

281 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1. Tomei

2. R33 GTS-T Rb25det 251.rwkw @ 16psi

3. - Bolt-In Pump (took less than 30mins to install)

- Noise level is louder than stock, can not hear it when audio is on, althou you can hear it if u stand next to the boot

- zero starting issue

- no issue with 1/4 tank syndrome

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whats the RWKW rating on the Nismo and Tomei Fuel Pumps on an RB25DET??

Cheers

They are 500hp 255 litre pumps, they are the same as the Walbro, but they actually deliver whereas the Walbro [or so they say on these forums] performance is questionable. So you'd theoretically get 300rwkw out of them, then you'd need a surge tank etc anyway, so they could be your supply pump and you could use a bosch or suchlike for the main feed.

i bought a walbro internal one just recently.. Havnt fitted it yet!! for small mods (aim 200kw)

Seems like no one has it??

any reasons lol??

Should i install it??

cheers

no.

better of getting another brand, preferably nismo or tomei if your budget allows it..

walbros are shit.

1. Bosch 040

2. R33 GTS-T Rb25det yet to dyno (237rwkw @ 13psi maxed out my oem pump)

3. - Bolt-In Pump (took less than 45mins to install)

- Noise level is louder than stock, can not hear it inside car, although you can hear it if u stand next to the boot

- zero starting issue, infact the car doesn't hesistate/shudder on take-off now, (when driving slowly.)

- no issue with 1/4 tank syndrome (pump was completely immeressed in fuel on 1/4 tank during installation.)

PS: The trick to no in-cabin noise is to use some extra fuel hose

split it down the length of the hose, unfold and wrap around the pump.

Now hose clamp the cradle to the hose covered section of the pump.

The rubber will absorb most of the vibration and in-turn quiten down the pump.

Hey Nabil, have you tuned/dynoed your car after the Bosch 040 install, ifso what power did it make? from my understanding your using a Sliding Performance highflow?

Cheers

Edited by QRI05E

1. Bosch 040

2. R33 GTS-T Rb25det currently at 247@1bar as clutch was dying. Stock FPR, lines etc..looking at surge tank now. Will update when re-tuned and run at 1.3 bar.

3. - Internal...when I went to install I found the same pump there already...replaced it anyway cos it was out...

- Noise level - I only notice it when u turn on the ignition...however when u listen u can hear it.

- Need to let it prime..u can hear it stop. Then starts first time every time.

- my results speak for themselves...I'm happy for 200 bucks or wotever it cost.

1. Bosch in-tank

2. R32 GTS-4 205rwkw

3. Very noisy, dont know why, but id like to change it because it shits me starting it up and you hear this loud whine coming from it, and start-up sucks, always have to pump accelerator to get it going. Is there anyway to reduce the sound because from what ive heard from all you guys with bosch fuel pumps they seem to be fine, except for mine. So, anyway of reducing sound? Possibly clean it somehow? Has anyone had this problem and had it fixed?

Cheers,

Steve.

i bought a walbro internal one just recently.. Havnt fitted it yet!! for small mods (aim 200kw)

Seems like no one has it??

any reasons lol??

Should i install it??

cheers

Use it. No problems with the walbro in low 200's if it's genuine, it's the copies you have to be careful of.

As for me, pretty much identical setup to nismoid, walbro in tank using stock wiring (easy to fit, came with all mounting hardware needed to fit 32gtst/s13 fuel pump bracket), Bosch 044 external running through surge tank, new 12 gauge wiring to pump plus inline fuse, custom bracket, replaced all original rubber hoses. Audible at idle with the stereo off and full interior fitted, cant hear it if the stereo is on low or the car is moving. Making 288rwkw with stock reg, no fuel surge problems.

Edited by BHDave

*on a side note* 044's can be relativley quiet if mounted properley. ie. good bracket with a think rubber insulator between pump and bracket and insulated between bracket and mounting surface....

i have the rubber between the pump and the bracket and inbetween the bracket and the boot floor,

even if i suspend the pump in the air by holding it it vibrates its ass off and is noisy as,

any ideas how to queiten it up a little(i have rags covering it which helps a little)

cheers

Jeremy

1. Walbro 255 intank

2. Very quiet except when priming, mounted on original bracket with rubber insulator.

3. 200 rwkw

How come no one likes walbro pumps? The fastest Skyline in Sweden runs with walbro pumps (1051 awhp)

• 3 weeks later...

1. Walbro 255 intank

2. Was absolutely quiet wired directly (without FPCM, as my car was N/A), after rb25det FPCM setup it become noisy at idle (at lower revs). paradox :). I think i will wire it directly again.

3. awkw -- i don`t know. ENR33, 4wd, stock rb25det NEO @0.65 bar so far.

starts better than with stock pump (it started twice with stock pump everytime).

installation was not direct bolt on as i had a kit for Mitsubishi EVO, not for Skyline. There was some issues with fixing the pump on the frame. Buy i think with the right kit it will be ok.

1. Bosch in-tank

2. R32 GTS-4 205rwkw

3. Very noisy, dont know why, but id like to change it because it shits me starting it up and you hear this loud whine coming from it, and start-up sucks, always have to pump accelerator to get it going. Is there anyway to reduce the sound because from what ive heard from all you guys with bosch fuel pumps they seem to be fine, except for mine. So, anyway of reducing sound? Possibly clean it somehow? Has anyone had this problem and had it fixed?

Cheers,

Steve.

Same problem here...have an 040 and i'm getting the same problems on start up too...and it gets really noisy on hot days too...

Sorry to go a little bit off topic, but is there anyone on this forum (preferably a trader) that i can p.m about buying a nismo fuel pump?, i was going to order one from negun, i live in new zealand and not many people have had any experience dealing with negun, so i dont want to pay the money then never recieve the pump, i would much rather deal with someone in aussie

If someone could let me know who i could p.m that would be great

Cheers

Sorry to go a little bit off topic, but is there anyone on this forum (preferably a trader) that i can p.m about buying a nismo fuel pump?, i was going to order one from negun, i live in new zealand and not many people have had any experience dealing with negun, so i dont want to pay the money then never recieve the pump, i would much rather deal with someone in aussie

If someone could let me know who i could p.m that would be great

Cheers

Im in NZ and have brought parts of NENGUN before and they are really good

Would thoroughly reccomend

Im in NZ and have brought parts of NENGUN before and they are really good

Would thoroughly reccomend

Oh ok awsome, i actually put a thread on SDU about a week ago but only got 2 replys so far, how long did it take for you to receive the parts after you had payed for them?? and also how good was the communication?? that is my biggest concern.

Cheers mate

Jason,trust Nengun as I have bought some things off them that were quite expensive and always turned up.Including the Nismo pump and am wrapped in it.Quiet,strong flow,and has all wires attached with it`s own frame.Simply pull the old one out and throw it away as the Nismo is complete.

I have 044 which I mounted in my R31 fuel tank on the stock bracket. Its quite noisy. I'm not sure if its my 044 which is at fault if its vibrating the bracket and causing the noise. You can hear it more from outside of the car than you can from inside though. It doesn't really bother me.

I never used a surge tank and it would surge at 1/3 tank under acceleration. I fixed this with my dog food surge can mod. Some say dodgy, I say less dodgy than an expensive, illegal, smelly and space taking surge tank in the boot. It works fine I have no surge issues at all now.

Some shitty pics.

post-2657-1169444473.jpg

post-2657-1169444483.jpg

Edited by DennisRB30