SAU Community

Sauwa Drag Racing, Wed 21st Of Feb

GTS-t VSPEC

guys im very intersted however how does it work with insurance etc incase anythign happens or wateva ?

most insurance companies I know of, do not cover anything that happens on a circuit (drag strip or track, etc)... but if you can drive your car in a straight line though maybe it's not the place for you. it would have to be a very wild launch and gear change to slap the wall.

• Replies 228
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I might be up for this provided I can get back to Australia in time (in freezing cold Norway at the moment) and then only if I can quickly get the car tuned/looked over as it is running like a pig at the moment.

fingers crossed!

might come if i can scrounge up $40 and a helmet, still gotta pay a $350 fine so not too sure about this one

>< it's a month from now~~ I'm preety sure you can get that amount...

kinda shy going heys, engine's stock...prolly run high 14s? lol

this sonds good day befor my birthday so it can be my gift to myself might need to get ckutch looked at first any one know a good cheap clutch place thing mine is almost worn out

on another note , what are the helmet requirements ? is a basic open face helmet ok ?

Open faced is fine as long as it complies to australian standards. If it does it will have the aus standards sticker on it (red and silver or white sticker with ticks on it).

The scrutineers look for that sticker.

I've dragged some of this up from the last time we went.

Scruitineering will be looking for all the usual stuff...Battery secured, seatbelts in good nick, no leaks, windows not cracked, no religious figureens on the dash or hangin from the mirror...its a secular sport you know!

What you need: $, Half a tank of gas, no extra weight, no loose objects, brakes in good nick, a tyre pressure guage if your going to fiddle with your pressures, long sleeved shirt or jacket, no shorts, enclosed shoes. A rag to wipe of the shoe polish from the window and a will to have fun

Welcome to another night of enjoying your car responsibly and picking up after yourself :laugh:...and bring a drivers license