Phillip Island Sprints - March 31

Bec

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

boys got 250 photos but sau is shit for hosting any one host them for me i can put them all on dvd and give them to you to host

and this one is for brisby

I can host them for you champ, will send you a PM.

Thanks. I'm going to T-Bolt the whole f@$cking set-up. I hate $2 component failures with a passion, especially on days like that. Conditions didn't get any better.

Only 6 more PI's this year, check my track calendar and mark the days in your diary's boys.

Cheers

BB

Yeah you just did the silcon piping kit as well because you had trouble last time, i haven't touched my piping yet, touch wood, i half want to pre-empt it and change it so i don't end up like that, but then on the other hand i don't want to touch it since i've never had an issue... *tough more wood*

okay next mod is definately a harness... I actually had trouble steering through some of the faster corners because I was holding onto the wheel so tight! it may not be a requirement but its definately necessary

don't know why I was in the fast group hope I didn't hold anyone up... managed to get a clean run late in the day (not having to wave someone past) and knocked off a huuuuuge 2:06.05... haha if anyone wonders why I seemed not to be changing gears down the straight it was because I was smashing the speed limiter for most of it (that is also something I have to get rid of) Kalli was like why does your car make a funny popping sound down the straight LOL

cheers to all the flaggies and helpers as usual top effort

was a real humbling experience to be on track at PI with all the quick Skylines in the club, you guys are all nuts and I have much respect... I think I need several more trips out there to get the courage to push 100%... and of course Bris and Matt who are as quick as some of the GTR boys but with just RWD... that's big balls right there (or simple madness I haven't decided yet LOL!)

top day and a top track... cheers to the WRX boys/girls for putting it on

ps. I may have been iceburg slow but my car ran beautifully on the way to work this morning! :( LOL

Yeah you just did the silcon piping kit as well because you had trouble last time, i haven't touched my piping yet, touch wood, i half want to pre-empt it and change it so i don't end up like that, but then on the other hand i don't want to touch it since i've never had an issue... *tough more wood*

I haven't got the silicone piping kit yet, still waiting on supply from the UK. The clamps I have been using are the stock ones.

I borrowed a HKS hard pipe section from Ray Evans a while ago (I must get that to you Ray :D )

When the piping arrives I will put the good clamps on. I've had a few events since Winton last year when the old rubber pipe split with no issues, so it's a p.i.t.a.

I hadn't touched the rest of the system either :no: as it was reliable. It seems to be the pipe section that goes from the "twin turbo" pipe to the hard pipe section through the chassis rail that is the culprit as I recall Frank and Aaron having issues in the past as well. That is the one that split at Winton as well.

The thing that really burns me is that every single lap I did was getting faster, the last two sessions would have been interesting - so I will have to wait until the 20th of May for the next event there to get that 1.49 :O

great day for racing, and that shows in the times!

It's funny how last year the s series people vowed to be back this year.... more problems / delays, ah well i'm sure it will happen next year :D

some of the sau cars are getting so seriously quick, it's good to see.

It was sad to drive down early, and upon arrival have Dean say he was having a boost issue, one look into the compressor wheel and oh d d d dear, not even 15 hours old and nighty night shazza to the "new" garrett turbo... shattering, fingers crossed it's a warranty job, and can be repaired and reliable by sandown...

Here's a clip of my misfortune...:O

Right click, save as (4M)

HOLY COW ! - And I thought MY gearbox was busted . . . . :D

Hey Andrew, sorry for leaving My crap strewn everywhere next to You in the arvo - the guys wanted Me out at Siberia flagging quick-smart, had to just get the poor busted GTS-T off the jacks & RUN ! ! As for the 20th of May day - Does the Marque sports club mind "Jap crap" coming to play on their days? I might come along for a proper crack with a fully fit car, if I'm "Financial" again by then . . .

Hey Andrew, sorry for leaving My crap strewn everywhere next to You in the arvo - the guys wanted Me out at Siberia flagging quick-smart, had to just get the poor busted GTS-T off the jacks & RUN ! ! As for the 20th of May day - Does the Marque sports club mind "Jap crap" coming to play on their days? I might come along for a proper crack with a fully fit car, if I'm "Financial" again by then . . .

No problem. I didn't do much after the first timed session anyway :D

Nope, they are like most other clubs these days - it's all comers welcome to cover ever increasing track hire. There were 5 skylines there last time at Sandown.

Cheers

Andrew

Yeh, ive got the PI itch now. I may even like it more then Sandown....hmm will have to see. But need to fix whatever is wrong in my suspension before going back. Bouncing onto the straight looks/feels cool but its nto good if you want to push. When does the spend end?