Phillip Island Sprints - March 31

Bec

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

hey I spied some flaggies with cameras in hand as I went past (thats how slow I was going...lol) I would be really appreciative (:)) if one of these outstanding volunteers could fire me some pics... want to see how the boat looks on track with the new rice additions!

hey I spied some flaggies with cameras in hand as I went past (thats how slow I was going...lol) I would be really appreciative (:D) if one of these outstanding volunteers could fire me some pics... want to see how the boat looks on track with the new rice additions!

Yeah i saw heaps of people out there taking photos.. wheres all the pics???

especially whoever was at the second last corner... i got a bit of sidewayz action out of the tight righthander at the bottom of the hill saw some guy taking shots there...

...so did we have any cases of beer riding on these lap times :laugh:

Hey Bris, I'll buy you a slab for your achievement, your choice...

OK here's some incar footage, big files but good quality..

Session with fastest lap: http://sau.ferni.net/Jacksvids/PI_31_03_07a2.wmv (34Mb)

Supersprint at the end of the day: http://sau.ferni.net/Jacksvids/PI_31_03_07b1.wmv (46Mb)

Enjoy

...so did we have any cases of beer riding on these lap times :)
:laugh: I vagly remember certain people making such bets :laugh:

When it involves beer, Bris will never forget!

Hey Bris, I'll buy you a slab for your achievement, your choice...

OK here's some incar footage, big files but good quality..

Session with fastest lap: http://sau.ferni.net/Jacksvids/PI_31_03_07a2.wmv (34Mb)

Supersprint at the end of the day: http://sau.ferni.net/Jacksvids/PI_31_03_07b1.wmv (46Mb)

Enjoy

Your driving skills are truely a work of art Jack, watched each clip at least twice, simply awesome. Would love to one day have the pleasure in coming for a passenger lap.

The lap before that was the 1:52 dead. On that lap you can see at MG how it got away from me under brakes and through Southern Loop the rear lost grip when i tried to hold a bit more corner speed.

The tyres had just lost that little bit of rear end grip but it was still looking good for a 1:51 i but i panicked wheh i farked up at MG by rowing back to 2nd cause i lost all my corner speed. Ended up being a 1:52.4 >_<

I was just worried that was my last lap becsause of noise so...oh well next time

Al - cheers mate, lets just say its an easy car to drive!!! You can come in a passenger lap anytime...

Roy - looking at your footage your definetly busy behind the wheel, obviously there is a small issue with stability, but nothing a little countersteer and throttle can't fix!!! Awesome driving I must say, you control it well and the times show it...

Love the slide around 3 - you looked pretty calm with the arse out at 150+kmh...

I guess that's the difference between my 190kw NA and 280kw with booost! >_<

Nice indecision gear wise at MG too, he he

Your a nutter.

Great vid.

Yeh..i got rattled at MG, i hadnt used 2nd all day...and when i lost the rear on entry and lost all my corner speed i got flustered . As soon as i touched the throttle in 2nd i knew i had farked up..dumb shit :(

Turn 3 is more like 190 as im well into 5th gear >_<

But i cant remember if the thing was always such a bucket of shit mid corner or there is something wrong,. It doesnt feel right and i was having to nurse it where i didnt have the confidence to wrestle it.

LOL..the fist pump was to let Chris know at the Start/Finish that i got the 52! Such a gay thing to do but i was happy :pirate:

Hanging for the PIARC day. I think there is a 50 in it as is just by usign 5th gear at turn 1 and the Hay shed to settle the car down mid corner and not make it so darty/over steery on the throttle.

usign 5th gear at turn 1 and the Hay shed to settle the car down mid corner and not make it so darty/over steery on the throttle.

Watching the video I was going to suggest that to you.

I'm also suprised Jack uses 3rd through Southern Loop. I'd have thought 4th was a better option? What do the other R32/R33 GTR guys use through Southern Loop?

Brisby: "Whoa. Her ass is all over the place"

Snowy: "When the rear end's loose, the car's fast. Loose is fast, and on the edge of outta control"

I used this theory and undid most of the bolts on my car a couple of turns...

Now it just rattles. :pirate: