SAU Community

Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide

How much?!?!?! For $130, I'd seriously hope they're something similar to the A1RM, not the HPX, but judging by this:

http://www.brakesplus.com.au/index.php?id=59

I'd definitely say they're a HPX pad in a different box...

Running the A1RM's, cannot get them to shut up no matter what I do (see http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sq...ks-t254897.html for more info) Awesome performance, unbearable on the street however and I think I shall have to soon replace them, maybe might put them back on for track days etc.

• 4 weeks later...
Running the A1RM's, cannot get them to shut up no matter what I do (see http://www.skylinesaustralia.com/forums/Sq...ks-t254897.html for more info) Awesome performance, unbearable on the street however and I think I shall have to soon replace them, maybe might put them back on for track days etc.

I ordered a pair this afternoon, so I'll post my experience with them next week. I've never had noisy brakes, so they aren't going to be in for long if they are - but it seems not to be a too common experience with them.... (I say hopefully :thumbsup: )

Ian

ps I think I still have the original ones on my skyline, and it's done 140K.. But they do need replacing now!! I almost just ordered standard nissan ones, but I decided to try the a1rm's instead...

I had exactly the same problem - did a track day at QR and now they are dead quiet. Seemed all they needed was an "intense" bedding-in process (in my case anyway).

• 3 weeks later...
I had exactly the same problem - did a track day at QR and now they are dead quiet. Seemed all they needed was an "intense" bedding-in process (in my case anyway).

Mine (A1rm) have been in two weeks now and are squealing like a stuck pig at slow speeds. They brake great, are nicely progressive, and I really like them - apart from if you are doing less than 10km/h and they have warmed up.... I'm going to give them another week then may have to pull them out, as the whole street can tell when I get home at the moment...

Hey just been flicking through a few pages here an im about to buy some new front pads, now i hav a 32 gtst type m its has just on 3ookw an after a good street only pad.Im thinking along the lines of QFM hp-x what do you guys think? thanks

Had my first run today on the A1RM's, suburban stuff with moderate traffic so they did not get a workout at all, would have hardly got warm. Worked perfectly, no noise at all but then mine has all the stock anti squeal shims etc fitted.

Will give them a proper workout next Lakeside track run but so far looking good.

• 2 weeks later...
Mine (A1rm) have been in two weeks now and are squealing like a stuck pig at slow speeds. They brake great, are nicely progressive, and I really like them - apart from if you are doing less than 10km/h and they have warmed up.... I'm going to give them another week then may have to pull them out, as the whole street can tell when I get home at the moment...

After a bit over 4 weeks I gave up on the A1RM's this weekend.

I put them in my R34GTT and they have squealed ever since (- and yes I do have the metal shims installed! And I had the disks machined). I've taken them out and roughed them up, followed the 'bed them in process', and they still squeal once they have warmed up (at slow speeds).

The trouble was I was waking up the family (and the neighbors) when I came home late at night!

They brake fantastically - great progressive feel and its like you've run into a brick wall if put your foot down hard - but I just can't have the noise.

I've replaced them with what I could find quickly on a saturday morning (the wife was NOT amused when I cam home at 2am and woke her up with the noise and demanded Something Had To Be Done) - which was bendix heavy duty.

They aren't as good as the A1RM for braking - they feel remarkably like the stock pads instead - but are dead quiet... :-)

Ian

Hey Ian I find a track day generally shuts them up good excuse for a trackday. :blink:

but I did have one set of front pads that never shut up from day one to death, they got better over time though.

In my experience with noisy track pads, a track day only shuts them up due to you lining the rotor with pad material. If you then street drive your car the gentler braking removes this and after a little while the squeel comes back. Doesn't bother me as I don't drive it much on the street but if you do it's probably best to have a street set and a track set and swap them.

While I think of it, results of using A1RM's at Lakeside sprints after driving out there with them new and back with them used. Pulled one set front and rear out for a look.

First, no noise, anytime. Second, fine to use in traffic, just like the Lucas and Greenstuff pads I've used before. On the circuit, basically no problems. They don't grab as hard initially as some people have found but they are OK in that regard, push harder and they brake harder, just feel OK is about all I can say really, OK in a good way.

Pad wear is acceptable, rotors went grey so they were working front and back, some signs on the fronts of grooves and lines but this was more visual than anything. Barely able to feel anything, certainly not measurable. Once again, acceptable if this aspect does not change with further use.

So far will definately use again, good bang for buck for a dual purpose pad. At the moment they are looking like a viable alternative to DS2500's and the like but at a non theiving price.

Not Skyline, but feedback all the same...

Just a quick update. Went to Winton over the long weekend with a set of QFM A1RM's which performed outstandingly. The GTiR has very average brakes to begin with which normally fit inside a 14" rim. But the pads (with std rotors) performed extremely well with no fade. Was literally off my seat slightly standing on the brakes at the end of the straight.

http://performanceforums.com/forums/showpo...mp;postcount=62

i've been using the project mu b-specs now for a few months

these are pretty good brake pads i must say, i don't know what you'd need to be doing to get them to fade on the street but it would need to be something pretty crazy

really good initial bite

i've been to the track with them and they were fine, though it was pissing down with rain so wouldn't have gotten up to any crazy temps

dust wise they dust up your wheels pretty heavily and they make no noise, though i did have a squeal for a couple of weeks after the track day just before the car would come to stop, but thats gone.

good pads imo

• 1 month later...

Have had the QFM HP-X in my R34 GTT for a few weeks now ... with brand new slotted rotors. They were bedded in properly but still squeal insanely loud after they warm up, whilst slowing down ... Tried copper grease on the shims and no difference. I think it's just a dodgy pad material causing too much vibration.

Does anyone know how much Nissan OEM pads cost for the front for an R34 GTT ?

• 2 weeks later...

threw a set of lucas pads on my stock r33 gtst before the last sandown event.

much better than the bendix heavies that were on there before. the first session they were pretty shiz, but in the 12 min sessions after that they held up

the whole way through. i did 5 12 min runs on the day. with rbf600 fluid most of the braking performance came very low on the pedal, not sure if that is

air in the line. but they held up well. the pads have now done a DECA, sandown and HH and have worn around 1/4rd down on the fronts and maybe half

that on the rear.

they were cheap at ~70$ a set.

Have had the QFM HP-X in my R34 GTT for a few weeks now ... with brand new slotted rotors. They were bedded in properly but still squeal insanely loud after they warm up, whilst slowing down ... Tried copper grease on the shims and no difference. I think it's just a dodgy pad material causing too much vibration.

Does anyone know how much Nissan OEM pads cost for the front for an R34 GTT ?

Good question - as after I gave up on the A1M's due to squealing (see above) I went to the bendix heavy duty. They don't squeal, but aren't as good at braking as the a1m were...

Makes me pine a bit for the OEM pads too, which I quite liked - so if you get a price post it!

Ian

• 3 weeks later...

so it times for me to change my pads... im quite confused on all this info thats been given out

Ive usually leant towards bendix however, now due to the fact i got white p1s on my skyline the dust is going to be a problem...

Ive been thinking QFM HPX...?? as my skyline is a street car which sees some skid pan actions maybe 2-3 times a year. Does anyone know where to source these in perth, western australia?

Also i was thinking of changing my front discs to slotted ones and leave the rear as is.. It being a 1995 r33 gts t does anyone know the code number for a set of dba's? or rdas?

• 2 weeks later...

Here you go:

http://www.qfmbrakes.com.au/

Cheers,

G.

so it times for me to change my pads... im quite confused on all this info thats been given out

Ive usually leant towards bendix however, now due to the fact i got white p1s on my skyline the dust is going to be a problem...

Ive been thinking QFM HPX...?? as my skyline is a street car which sees some skid pan actions maybe 2-3 times a year. Does anyone know where to source these in perth, western australia?

Also i was thinking of changing my front discs to slotted ones and leave the rear as is.. It being a 1995 r33 gts t does anyone know the code number for a set of dba's? or rdas?