SAU Community

Brake Pads Users Ratings Guide

RE: Johnny, I got some random Korean pads and unknown rotors for my Pulsar from Ozie spares, ~$100 all up (for fronts). Car brakes fine and smooth. I didn't even flush the fluids lol. Eat that Bendix!

Car had Bendix pads with lots of meat still left on them. Braking was worrying, but not any more for me.

Now to do the rears...

Yeah man, I've always used cheap adb pads on the missus Corolla because it's only ever used to go around town.. rarely on the highway. However in Jan we are going to Kangeroo Valley and I've sold my Accord so I thought I'll use better pads..

How wrong was I...

I'm going to put Ferodo pads in soon, just need to buy them.

Best people for pad questions are places like GSLRALLYSPORT.

They will tell you what is best for your car for different conditions.

They once told me not to use A1RM for street duties when I had the boat as initial cold bite isn't as good as others which may put you in a sticky situation when it comes time for some emergency braking on the street with cold brakes.

Might mean the difference of missing a car or person by 1/2 meter or punching into a car or person for 1/2 meter.

Ring and ask is my 2 cents.

Best people for pad questions are places like GSLRALLYSPORT.

They will tell you what is best for your car for different conditions.

They once told me not to use A1RM for street duties when I had the boat as initial cold bite isn't as good as others which may put you in a sticky situation when it comes time for some emergency braking on the street with cold brakes.

Might mean the difference of missing a car or person by 1/2 meter or punching into a car or person for 1/2 meter.

Ring and ask is my 2 cents.

That's why I warm the brakes (A1RM pads) up on my GT-R :D. I had cold stopping issues on my Pulsar before the brake refresh (came with Bendix pads). No issues with the GT-R (on the street anyway).

My review was about everyday normal brake pads, as the corolla isn't a performance car, nor does it see the track.. thus I thought I would use Bendix CT pads instead of the usual ADB pads I use.

As per my posts, I paid double the price for Bendix pads than performed worse than $30 ADB brake pads.

Looks like the conversation has digressed a little.

Anyhow this is what I've used listed from best to worse in different cars.

Project MU HC+ / squeals heaps but braking is awesome

Intima SR / pretty quiet decent braking and progressive fade on the track

Project MU NS / pretty quiet decent braking and progressive fade on the track

QFM A1RM / squeals a little and ok for a few laps then it fades pretty damn quick but stops for street use

Bendix Ultimate / squeals, chews rotors, loads of dust but stops for street use

RDA standard pads / normal pads, bites better than OEM no noise

ADB standard pads / normal pads, bites better than OEM no noise, a little bit of fade going through windy roads

Bendix Advance / normals pads, bites better than OEM, some squeal fades like an OEM pad

Bendix CT / normal pad, absolute garbage, performs worse than OEM pads, performs worse than pads half the price.. would not buy.. have sent a complaint to Bendix and also their facebook page.. will be changing out pads this weekend before someone dies.

• Like 1

the QFM pads are good for street use, and around windy roads.. however they are not what people say a cross over pad for street and light track, etc.

At Wakefield, after the 1st lap you can feel it fading away, by the 2nd lap you can really feel it.. after the 4th lap it feels like you've got no brakes at all. However, I have a mate in a S15 Silvia and it seems to hold up ok.

After we both changed to Project MU HC+, the difference was day & night on the track... just one thing though, they squeal like crazy!

the QFM pads are good for street use, and around windy roads.. however they are not what people say a cross over pad for street and light track, etc.

At Wakefield, after the 1st lap you can feel it fading away, by the 2nd lap you can really feel it.. after the 4th lap it feels like you've got no brakes at all. However, I have a mate in a S15 Silvia and it seems to hold up ok.

After we both changed to Project MU HC+, the difference was day & night on the track... just one thing though, they squeal like crazy!

I did a tarmac rally event recently (only in the touring class, not competition class) and the brakes only faded on the 36km stages, anything less than that were fine. Overall I've had pretty good success with the A1RM, only fading after an extended period of hard driving.

• 1 month later...

Replaced my worn out front QFM AR1M pads earlier in the month with some Intima SS pads (street spec)

Very impressed with them, initial bite is better than the QFM, however brake dust is very minimal and zero squeal. I'm going to chuck a set on the back once I've sorted a few other things out.

Won't be seeing the track, however quite a few spirited drives over the last few weeks while I've been on holiday has tested out their performance, they are great!

For the money, these are the best street pads I've used

In terms of noise/performance Intima pads provide heaps more bang for your buck than QFM A1RM...

I know there is a strong following/fan club for QFM A1RM, but when you swap to Intima it's a night/day difference - especially when you're comparing QFM A1RM vs. Intima SR.

Yeah I'll try the SR next, however very happy with the SS for a street only pad

Quick note, I was really enjoying my Remsa pads (rated 650 degrees) with DBA T3 Club Spec rotors at Sandown on Saturday. I've got some issues with my brake booster but otherwise a great setup, no significant fade and no strange vibrations.

• 2 months later...