SAU Community

Money Money Money

• Replies 533
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good stuff dude! Glad to hear it all went well, especially that kind of power output on only 16.5psi, your making me want my GT-RS even more now!! It should be here anyday now :rant:

260kw is pretty sweet, but i want to see more from this package :rofl:

i f*cken love the black plenum too - i'm assuming you bought it like that? the lack of piping is very nice, though i want to see you tidy that engine bay up a bit more :(:rant:

the package has more to come for sure ,the plenum was the normal greddy silver and i got a mate to paint it for me in 2pack.

She's gonna be one hell of a beast my car is going to undergo an engine transplant, where is your location and who's doing all the work on your car PM me please, Hame

She's gonna be one hell of a beast my car is going to undergo an engine transplant, where is your location and who's doing all the work on your car PM me please, Hame

pm sent .if you need any help just ask unlike some i like to share info :laugh:

nice engine bay. what you should of done was paint the plenum white also and continue the red lines onto it.

thanks. it sounds easy but its not. the engine would of had to be put together then air brushed then cleared while working around the mechanic and doing it all in three weeks with out pissing off the spray painter ,the air brush dude and the mechanic.originally there was going to be a samurai sword on the plenum but i ran out off time.i still might do it.

Edited by WARLORD

thanks i hope fellow modifiers don't copy and it stays original .

lol, nice covers mate. but i wouldn't go as far to say it's original... I've seen probably at least a dozen cars with the same thing. considering people have been modifying japanese peformance cars for the better part of 20 years there is not much you can do these days and be first...

here's just one.

manifold4593qj1.jpg

wow look at that response out of that package!

140rwkw @ 80km/h

185rwkw @ 100km/h

thats awesome compared to my GTRS on the RB20...

i've only got 80rwkw at 100km/h & 165kw @ 120km/h.....i want a RB25 :D

lol, nice covers mate. but i wouldn't go as far to say it's original... I've seen probably at least a dozen cars with the same thing. considering people have been modifying japanese peformance cars for the better part of 20 years there is not much you can do these days and be first...

here's just one.

manifold4593qj1.jpg

geee thanks lol

Nice car WARLORD, I was having a good look through your engine bay the other week :D

thanks blitz iv tried lets see how long it lasts for. hahaha

2000 ++ km then a re-tune

Edited by WARLORD

• 4 weeks later...
[email protected] psi low boost [email protected]

can any one recomend in sydney some where to go and get a power run done on the cheep .

thanks.

Wait for a SAU or club "dyno day"

Just saw this thread for the first time VERY impressive and a nice selection of mods.

I too have a HKS GTRS kit; but running Tomei Poncams, head porting, std plenum and std bottom end. My a/f ratios were kept at approx. 11.5:1, to keep the engine "safe". Running 18psi i made 268.2rwkw, but your response is WAY more impressive. Could be due to the plenum, cams, fmic (i was using a truck core), but most probably to the fresh rebuild.

The engine has since blown, while i was at a race track (cyl #3 dropped compression), and i have decided to build an rb2530, which means upgrading the turbo, again. I guess i will never know what the GTRS's true potential is, but yours demonstrates it clearly. Well done mate, an excellent build and it would feel awesome to drive.

Below is a comparison between our two graphs, you will be happy:

post-1811-1186886927_thumb.jpg

For my new engine i have bought a new GReddy plenum, XTR 100mm fmic, Garrett GT30R turbo 500hp (smallest recommended turbo), ATI balancer and a whole lot of other parts. Unfortunately it takes my mechanic a lot longer than 3 weeks to build an engine, but we'll get there.

All the best and enjoy :)

yeah pretty nice, fresh engines always feel so good, no when i did mine it was devine to drive, be interesting to see the potential of this setup, i'd like to know what sort of affect your cam selection of 256 in 264 ex would do for the package... im interested in these cams myself

Wait for a SAU or club "dyno day"

Just saw this thread for the first time VERY impressive and a nice selection of mods.

I too have a HKS GTRS kit; but running Tomei Poncams, head porting, std plenum and std bottom end. My a/f ratios were kept at approx. 11.5:1, to keep the engine "safe". Running 18psi i made 268.2rwkw, but your response is WAY more impressive. Could be due to the plenum, cams, fmic (i was using a truck core), but most probably to the fresh rebuild.

The engine has since blown, while i was at a race track (cyl #3 dropped compression), and i have decided to build an rb2530, which means upgrading the turbo, again. I guess i will never know what the GTRS's true potential is, but yours demonstrates it clearly. Well done mate, an excellent build and it would feel awesome to drive.

Below is a comparison between our two graphs, you will be happy:

post-1811-1186886927_thumb.jpg

For my new engine i have bought a new GReddy plenum, XTR 100mm fmic, Garrett GT30R turbo 500hp (smallest recommended turbo), ATI balancer and a whole lot of other parts. Unfortunately it takes my mechanic a lot longer than 3 weeks to build an engine, but we'll get there.

All the best and enjoy :D

thanks and good luck with your car let us know how it goes.

• 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

my new set up

hks gtrs is now sold

hks 3037 pro s kit

hpi duel dump pipe

850cc sard injectors

this is going on the car on Tuesday ill post some pics and a dyno if anyone is interested .