SAU Community

2007 Motorsports Road Trip

Snowman

Alrighty then,

Last Novemeber I organised a road trip to Wakefield and Eastern Creek and it was awesome except for one important thing. I didn't have a car.

So since we haven't been able to organise anything for Tassie this year I'm going to go back to NSW - same time - same places (kinda). Like last year anyone who wants to join me is more than welcome.

I've contacted all the venues and this is the itinery.

Tues 6th Novemeber (Cup Day) - Winton

Special SAU event - more on this later.

Wed 7th Novemeber - Drive to Goulburn

Stay at Wakefield. Accomodation - $50/night/person (at this stage we'll stay there all 3 nights).

accom.jpg

Thur 8th November - Wakefield

Cost: $100.00

Require: CAMS L2S and Wakefield License ($50pa. Not sure if the ones from last year will be valid still?).

track_arial.jpg

Fri 9th November - Eastern Creek

Cost: $120.00

Require: CAMS L2S

Eastern%20Creek.jpg

Sat 10th November - Cruise Home

Notes:

I think everyone that came last year will agree that these two tracks are probably more enjoyable to drive than anything we have down here in Vic other than Phillip Island. And both tracks are completely different. Both of the days are open practise days however - which means no timing. But given this and given they are on mid-week the advantage is you will get as many laps as you desire. I guarantee you will not do as many as you possibly can unless you are a freak :P If you want timed laps I suggest you get one of the Mychron Lap timers which is what most people did up there last year and they were great.

It's a pretty full on schedule so not much time available for "fun". I've decided that the best bet at this stage is to stay all 3 nights at Wakefield. The accommodation is truely awesome and is roughly 2hrs from Eastern Creek so no big drama's for the drive up and back on the Friday (and gives us a head start for the drive home on Saturday). We don't have the spare day in-between like we did last time hence why I haven't made plans to stay in Sydney.

So who is in?

Drivers

Snowman - R34 GTR (bloody better be I tell ya right now!)

Aaron - R34 GTR

Scotsman - R33 GTR

Jack - R33 GTR

Ant - R33 GTR

ferni - R33 GTR

Matt - R34 GTT

Adz - R34 GTT

Chris - R33 GTST

Camden - R33 GTST

Al - R33 GTST

Ray - buggered if I know what he is driving now

Dances With Fences - EVO

Brisby - POS

People who really like long drives

Paul

Bec

Wayne

Ash

Dee

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Haha - you might have to fight Aaron for that spot mate!

Yeah don't think i'll win that one - maybe Jack will take up my track rims/tyres for me on the trailer instead.... so i can drive up on streets....

In again for this and yes I know what I mustnt do for all you jokers :P

Will drive both tracks again too. :D

What was happening with Oran Park, was that being looked at/closed down/not on the cards? Remember talk of it last time.

Just a question r.e Cams licence, mine expires on the the 14th Nov which covers me for this trip but do I need a certain amount extra like with a passport e.g a month? Havent renewed before so not sure. :D

In again for this and yes I know what I mustnt do for all you jokers :)

Will drive both tracks again too. :(

What was happening with Oran Park, was that being looked at/closed down/not on the cards? Remember talk of it last time.

Just a question r.e Cams licence, mine expires on the the 14th Nov which covers me for this trip but do I need a certain amount extra like with a passport e.g a month? Havent renewed before so not sure. :)

You'll get your cams renewal soon - they usually send it out a couple of months before it expires.. so you can renew it before you go, but no you don't need an extra month on it...

Right - before I get asked too many times right now we don't need to do anything.

A month or so out we'll need to individually book our accommodation. But for the 2 track days we don't need to do anything in advance. They will both just be pay on the day deals. There is no pre-booking or anything.

But this is going to be a fun week.

Trip Rules:

1. No fencing

2. No megaphones to put in the hands of Englishmen

3. Bucket 'O' Chips

4. Don't drink the blue liquid

5. Don't let NSW pick the 'shinadiggins' venue's

1. No fencing

someone last year during recreational practice hit a fence

2. No megaphones to put in the hands of Englishmen

someone was playing with our megaphone (james brought it on the trip) and broke it

3. Bucket 'O' Chips

james and matt went the shops to get some food and crap

and couldnt find anything useful (we were in goulburn) and they found bowls for potato chips

but they were too small so james brought some plastic buckets and potato chips, hence bucket 'o chips

4. Don't drink the blue liquid

at one of the bars there was a blue glass tip jar with coins and water

someone thought it was a blue drink and drank it, only to find it was water and a tip jar

5. Don't let NSW pick the 'shinadiggins' venue's

in goulburn the pub we went to i think was crap and the other place we went to was miles away.

no biggie