SAU Community

Nissan Gtr Officially Coming To Australia

Wink

10 - 15k... that really isn't anything when you consider the size of the market here (tiny) and the price of the car.

BMW put a 50k markup on the 335i. 40k USD or 108k AUD.

And Mercedes start at $30k here (I am in the US currently).

Have a look at Porsches if you want a real laugh. People pay WAY too much for these cars in Australia, they simply aren't worth that much.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The final price here will be interesting. I don't think however that Nissan will price themselves out of the market like they did with the R32. Really whilst Nissan say they are chasing the 997T with this car - they aren't really chasing Porsche customers. Really they will mostly be competing client wise against STi and EVO buyers here in Oz so they can't afford to make the GT-R double the price of one of those IMO.

The plot thickens! i'm pretty keen on all this i would really really like this car and think by 2009 if not earlier i'd be able to front the paperwork..

sadly the 32 may have to go.

i should really be thinking about housing hey.

but this car has been on the dream list since i saw the first proto.

Does anyone know when it lands in the us??

Edited by Angus Smart

The final price here will be interesting. I don't think however that Nissan will price themselves out of the market like they did with the R32. Really whilst Nissan say they are chasing the 997T with this car - they aren't really chasing Porsche customers. Really they will mostly be competing client wise against STi and EVO buyers here in Oz so they can't afford to make the GT-R double the price of one of those IMO.

I think its more somewhere between the STI/EVO market and the BMW/MERC/PORSCHE market.

I certainly wouldn't put the STI and EVO next to the GTR. Speaking purely on a technological level. :P

The GTR is leaps and bounds ahead of anything to come out of Japan right now. I suspect we are looking at M3, Porsche Boxster/Cayman, Merc whatever, Audi ®S4 competitor. But if they price it right up there, expect sales to be not as good as they could be... we are still talking about a Nissan. Despite that if I was going to blow that much on such a depreceiating asset the GTR would be my choice. But I am not in that market, am I? And I suspect people that are want a bit of brand to brag about... especially in this country where German cars are stupidly overpriced (but ever dumber, they sell...)