SAU Community

Nissan Gtr Officially Coming To Australia

Wink

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The differences were things like Trim (Leather), BOSE sound system, HID's, Wheels, Brakes and they did mention Tune.

I guess they could bring out a NA and Turbo versions, this could be why there is such a big difference in price.

I think we will know alot more in a weeks time once the TMS has revealed the GTR.

That is a huge difference in price, 50% increase to the top spec version which is quite astounding. It's like the difference between a cooking model Commodore and a HSV or a WRX and an STi. Personally I don' think they'd do a NA version, but a lower powered one, like the difference between a WRX and an STi could be possible and place the car in two different markets - although never really done before with a GTR, it kind of makes sense to do it now.

Glad you find it so amusing ;)

I might add that I stopped calling it a V35/36 (or anything for that matter - just 'new GT-R') almost 2 years ago now, because back then I had a sneaking feeling Nissan might do the unthinkable and call it an R35. I was the first to admit I was wrong the moment Nissan made the chassis code official : http://www.7tune.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128 (post #5 scroll down)

Anyway, rub in my mistake as much as you want champ :rofl:

Rub.

Rub.

Rub.

I just got back from placing an order for a new GTR.

The unconfirmed details are:

Delivery in the 1st 1/4 2009.

2 Models, one $80,000+ORC and the other being $120,000+ORC

3.8 twin turbo, 7 speed DSG, AWD

Now I just need to wait 18months untill it arrives.

Holy shit thats GREAT pricing!!!!

But as said, more specifics on the difference would be great

Well done Mal!

that is kind of weird that we get different spec GTRs, and the cheap one at $80K is cheaper here than in japan. in japan afaik it's regular GTR, black edition, then premium. and they start at $85K. it doesn't seem quite right to me to have one at $80K and one at $120K, surely they wont risk cheapening the cars image with a lower power version?!?

The differences were things like Trim (Leather), BOSE sound system, HID's, Wheels, Brakes and they did mention Tune.

I guess they could bring out a NA and Turbo versions, this could be why there is such a big difference in price.

I think we will know alot more in a weeks time once the TMS has revealed the GTR.

an NA gtr version? you were kidding right? course you were

The info I posted is not confirmed.

I would think only a handful of senior Nissan Execs would know the final details, and none would be sales people.

The pricing they put on the order was approx $150,000 and delivery in 2009, so I guess they are giving me worst case.

^^^ Definitely sounds like a worst case senario. I've said before that Nissan AU could get very greedy with this car, I wouldn't be surprised if they do and slap a useless $10K - $15K premium for absolutely no reason other than to make Aussies pay through the nose.

^^^ Definitely sounds like a worst case senario. I've said before that Nissan AU could get very greedy with this car, I wouldn't be surprised if they do and slap a useless $10K - $15K premium for absolutely no reason other than to make Aussies pay through the nose.

10 - 15k... that really isn't anything when you consider the size of the market here (tiny) and the price of the car.

BMW put a 50k markup on the 335i. 40k USD or 108k AUD.

10 - 15k... that really isn't anything when you consider the size of the market here (tiny) and the price of the car.

BMW put a 50k markup on the 335i. 40k USD or 108k AUD.

I reckon $15K would do nicely in my pocket rather than Nissan's don't you? Especially when people in other markets are getting exactly the same car for less even taking into account exchange rates, taxes, duties etc. I realize AU is a small market compared to the rest but still... surely something can be done.