SAU Community

No More V-power Racing In Victoria

BBGTR

yeah a lot of cars have around 20-30rwkw.

you notice it alright because its due to the added timing etc, so not just outright power, power all through the rev range

Ah BS, I had close to another 25rw/kw added to mine and I coudn't even tell, you're doing VERY well to notice 20 killer wasps I tell ya now. :D

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I give it another 2 years until they start phasing out 98 ron :D

I don't think so - alot of performance and euro cars need 98 fuel.

- But you "could be" possibly onto something, one way of masking detonation is to add more ethanol to 95 fuel - Which is crap as this is ethanol has a lower BTU and we are all still paying the same price at the pump :)

united on Dorset rd in bayswater still had they're 100ron last time I was there... Shell gives me a missfire.

Go straight gas... See thread in stag section. Only 1750out of pocket

Yup, United 100 is good... :banana:

Really? Bitchin' - I had visions of becoming a Sunoco dealer.... What's it called - all I can find on United's web page is something called Boost98

BB - try here:

http://www.unitedpetroleum.com.au/index.asp?pgID=65

Benno - can you confirm that this is good as the shell product.....do you recommend a retune?

"premium100 is currently only available in Albury & Bayswater in Victoria. "

Bah, it was so handy when it was 10 minutes drive away. Why Albury?????

I reckon a re-tune would be needed as it would run leaner given the 3.55% oxygen content, not to mention specific gravity differences (fuel mass etc).....

At least its going to be next year before we need to worry.

PFC users if you cant find 100ron and your tuned around 100ron you can use the temp IGN adjust to back out say 4 to 5deg IGN timing

this should stop the main bulk of detonation on full load when using 98ron fuel. i would only use this as a temporary measure (hence the term "temp ign adjust") and get it retuned properly. the temp ign adjust feature is covered in the PFC FAQ and it resets itself when you power the car off (so you need to set it each time).

Wow my track days just went up by $400. Fark dat!!!

Looks like a trip to Bayswater every track day is in order to get united 100. I know my car was tuned on it so there is noting wrong with the stuff.

Only problem is I bet united follow suit with shell. Which is going to leave sunoco at $7 p/l looking like a fair option :(

Only problem is I bet united follow suit with shell.

With all the fuel sharing going on I wouldn't be surprised....however Shell lists the eth content as 5% whereas United lists theirs as 10% so maybe they are different fuels.

bad news is united is 72km round trip for me :P

its good.. similar to VPR. but has 5% more ethanol so the AFRs will be a little leaner hence need to retune atleast the fuel mixtures (esp if you are running close to 12already)

i am running mobil98 right now. its good.

This really sux.

My GTR is tuned for 100 RON V Power Racing and it is far more responsive than any of the 98 options around.

Looks like I will have to go back to BP Ultimate and a trip to the dyno for a re-tune.