SAU Community

Tarmac Rallying Perpetual Thread

Marlin

Mazda is giving it one last run I think later in the year.

I heard the 3 MPS is for sale?

Melinda said Allan Horsley rang her today to let her know he retired yesterday. Don't know where that will leave Mazda Motorsport?

Edited by poolheaters

Benny its with Danny Traverso, seems like a good bloke and got a good crew. Either in an Emo 9 or a GC8 2 door. The weight is on Burkey's shoulders to give the IX the ready to race tick of approval!

Danny is a good fella. Ask him if he needs me to come up for some comic relief!

BTW - will be a good effort if his IX is ready. It was missing the whole front after Baw Baw.

430638_10150666407260170_672415169_11922729_1445169279_n.jpg

Snowy you should come and party up! I haven't been to a MM event, but have heard they are all about fun????

Danny said the car was fixed now, but needed a new engine as it got damaged in the crash?

I am thinking about doing the Touring event at Snowy River Sprint. But doesnt seem to be much chatter around. And I am down to 1 car and unemployed so may have to take it easy in fear of damaging old Silver

Well if you are going to be up there Heikki then that ticks a few boxes. I finish up at work two weeks after so my priority is getting everything finished work wise so I can begin my life of leisure. Will have to make a call this weekend...anyone else going to be up there?

Danny is a good fella. Ask him if he needs me to come up for some comic relief!

:laugh: oh the lulz.

I still laugh when I think about the ironing of the situation. Hopefully staying on the black stuff for a change :D

If I wasn't leaving for Thailand next Thurs I'd be up @ Snowy River, going to be a cracking event.

• 3 weeks later...

post-42431-0-57034000-1338781899_thumb.jpgWell the DR30 has finally arrived, and very happy with it. The car seems quite standard, was built to LMS specs in 2001. Weighs in at 1204kg with minimal fuel, but I can see alot of weight that can come out. Off to the dyno Thursday to get a base reading before we start playing around.

Targa have deemed it ineligible as a make and model for classic SS (fair enough) so have entered High Country as LMS, with appropriate up-speccing to do!

post-42431-0-57034000-1338781899_thumb.jpgWell the DR30 has finally arrived, and very happy with it. The car seems quite standard, was built to LMS specs in 2001. Weighs in at 1204kg with minimal fuel, but I can see alot of weight that can come out. Off to the dyno Thursday to get a base reading before we start playing around.

Targa have deemed it ineligible as a make and model for classic SS (fair enough) so have entered High Country as LMS, with appropriate up-speccing to do!

Waay too much work to do on it...cut your losses and sell it to me. Please...pretty please!

Awsome, awesome...just awesome! :thumbsup:

I have tried to convince myself to sell my Sierra to do a tarmac DR30...i now want to do a tarmac Sierra to play with your DR30. But alas I will do nothing about it and just continue to post randomly in this thread :)

sweet looking ride. Will see you all at THC in my new ride. Quick vinyl wrap and no one will be any the wiser. :)

http://www.carsales....ice:Min,Max~0.5

Considering an asking price of $60k and a claimed cost of $300k (and I'd guess a bit more), that is something of a bargain. I've never been able to understand the amounts of money being spent on "superlap" cars, and about 80% of the projects that start never finish. There would be a shitload of money owed to workshops across the country because of that event.

Be interested to see how the DR goes. I'm still keeping an eye out for a cheap one

dr would be sweet

why does no one run a hr30 ( same car, minor diff and interior diffrences ) but came stock with a iron turbo l24, so can be run in ms with a rb26?

sweet looking ride. Will see you all at THC in my new ride. Quick vinyl wrap and no one will be any the wiser. :)

http://www.carsales....ice:Min,Max~0.5

I watched that car get built over a couple of months, and there was a huge efforet put into it. The thing has been cut at the front and back strut towers, the rest is fabricated. Full carbon fibre 2 piece body shell. Even flew an aeronautics engineer out from US to design the body/spoilers! I believe the build $$$'s was up there. I think Mr Glenney got down to a 1.32 around Eastern Creek at Superlap last year. It was for sale a month or so ago for $150k, times must be tough..

Edited by poolheaters

Be interested to see how the DR goes. I'm still keeping an eye out for a cheap one

I'm interested too! I chose one of these after weighing up heaps of options and with a definite budget in mind. It was very tempting to go back to an RX7, but I am hoping this will prove much more reliable and cheaper to run, and a little bit different. I still think the RX7 is the car to beat though..

There are cheap ones out there, this thing was a bargain, much less than a half decent jetski! I am under no illusion it will be competitive straight away though. I drove it (and a DR30) for the first time yesterday, and it is quick, but not fast. Feels good though, certainly not a bad starting point..

Edited by poolheaters