SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

coolercompare.jpg

Further testing and evaluation on the SS2.5 Alpha turbocharger, now using an 600x300x68mm tube n fine front mount cooler. I've attached two photos, note the tubing size inside the aftermarket cooler and factory cooler.

Aftermarket cooler:

insidenewcooler.jpg

Stock cooler:

insidestockcooler.jpg

Using the new intercooler, boost tapering issue was resolved to some extend and the same turbocharger managed to pickup more power. Cooling ability however is not as good as standard, under comparison my intake temp rise by 10 degrees. I will be fitting an thicker 600x300x100mm cooler for further evaluations coming week.

Turbocharger wise, it is matching factory N1's responds but a lot more power. Pretty good to drive at this stage.

ATR43SS2.5 Alpha, externally gated on pump 98 fuel. Peek 330awkws:

atr43ss25alpha330rwkw.jpg

atr43ss25alphaboost.jpg

Vs stock cooler using the same turbo:

coolervs.jpg

In conclusion based on test result, the factory GTR intercooler is only good for up to 320rwkws on pump fuel, for upgrade, I would be recommending a good cooler that has a core size of 600x300x100mm.

Tuned by Trent Hewitson, Intercooler piping and related fabrication done by Havoc Fabrications.

• Like 1

All three GTR coolers are different, the 33 is best for cooling efficiency but worst for outright flow

My 105mm ARC cooler ( the best in the business) is about 4-6deg hotter then the factory 34 cooler but will happierly flow 1000hp

As I mentioned to Tao yesterday, Daz has made 500kw on a stock cooler and is heading for more. Not sure yet if he plans to upgrade his cooler this time around.

Yeah Ive heard of 450kw before

As I mentioned to Tao yesterday, Daz has made 500kw on a stock cooler and is heading for more. Not sure yet if he plans to upgrade his cooler this time around.

It isn't stock, it's 90 mm thick.

And for people whom are switching to the ID 1000 injectors. The resister pack made for OEM injectors has to be removed. Big thanks for M35scotty on solving this issue yesterday. I believe he has some technical details to share.

Weird that they're all different. How does the 32 cooler go?

The 32 is the best for flow but worst for efficiency, it is extrude honed and doesn't have the little fine fins inside the runners

You can tell the difference between 32 and 33 by the front of the runners, the 33 has a grove that runs along the runner which the 32 doesn't

And for people whom are switching to the ID 1000 injectors. The resister pack made for OEM injectors has to be removed. Big thanks for M35scotty on solving this issue yesterday. I believe he has some technical details to share.

That is something very simple and well known, simple cut the resistor off and solder the seven wires together then a bit of heat shrink and electrical tape and bingo high imp injectors working

• Like 1

One of his injectors had stopped working, after testing it I realised he hadn't cut the resistor pack off, one resistor had blown taking the power from that injector.

The resistor pack was much hotter than usual. Obviously it runs fine on the Haltech without modification, but overloads the resistors. Goes to show the Haltech runs some great output drivers.

The 32 is the best for flow but worst for efficiency, it is extrude honed and doesn't have the little fine fins inside the runners

You can tell the difference between 32 and 33 by the front of the runners, the 33 has a grove that runs along the runner which the 32 doesn't

Sweet it should be better for e85 to a certain extent then as it doesn't need the efficiency that it would for 98