SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Stao just a question, given the hub dyno is only attached to the rear wheel wouldn't that make it rwkws ?, also next time you guys run it up would it be possible to do a run then reattach the front wheel and see if having spin up the extra weight of the front wheels makes any difference ?

Only if you think it can be done safely that is

Hi guys the cooler thats on it has a jap name but I'm sure its made in China. The one I'm using cost $195. Pm if any one needs one. My 600x300x68mm cooler is for sale also, did one dyno run only, $180.

This car its pretty much a rear wheel drive, front wheels only comes in for few secs, its not always on. Trent mentioned it picks up a tinny bit of extra torque with front drive shaft removed, and its not worth his efforts removing it. So all the runs done after the SL20.5 turbo has front wheels engaged.

I think my cooler is only a cheap one, had it for 6 years now I think. Have recently been thinking about upgrading but can only fit a 76mm cooler. Is a good quality 76mm fine Stao you think?

I have 3" cooler pipes everywhere so it gets plenty of flow to and from it. Just a bit worried about the cooler now

I think my cooler is only a cheap one, had it for 6 years now I think. Have recently been thinking about upgrading but can only fit a 76mm cooler. Is a good quality 76mm fine Stao you think?

I have 3" cooler pipes everywhere so it gets plenty of flow to and from it. Just a bit worried about the cooler now

If you get a ARC you will be sweet, can't get any better and they know it

Like this, if it will fit a 33

http://m.ebay.com.au/itm/321621828360?nav=SEARCH

further update on the GTR single setup. Now will be evaluating based on a custom trimmed SS3 compressor wheel. Hopping to reach 400rwkws mark with peek boost hit close to 4000RPM as possible. Results will be updated once tuner get back from holidays next years.

lathe.jpg

oncar.jpg

Tell the truth Johnny you just wanted GAAAAAAAATTTEEEE! :D

....... yes that is the truth :)

On another note, decided to strap my shit box to Powertune's heart breaker dyno.. only made 315kW... however I did notice my manifold was glowing red, meaning it needs MOAR timing :)

I logged all three runs too on my laptop and transposed that data into Virtual Dyno and used a lower reading "mustang dyno" setting and it was showing 345kW...

Another guy with a R34 GT-t said his car was making well over 360kW, and only put out 320kW.... so I'm pretty happy with my results overall considering it was all self tuned & self built.

I'll take a snap of my dyno sheet tonight for lulz.

So (again), I've decided to keep my car - this means more mods.

• Like 2

Nice result. What mods next? 150 shot on the stock motor? Haha

better intercooler, I found that my intake air temps shot up to 52 degrees towards the end of each run and subsequently the ECU was taking out 3 degrees of timing (I set it like that so I don't kapow motor)...

Turns out the HDi intercoolers are ok, but cooling wise they aren't that great when you're putting through 1.6bar of boost.. when I did logging on the streets with quick squirts in 2nd and 3rd gear intake temps were great, but the true test is when it's off it's chops in 4th on a dyno.

I'm seeing if it's worth getting a 100mm Plazmaman cooler OR just a ling long dim sim 600x300x100..

better intercooler, I found that my intake air temps shot up to 52 degrees towards the end of each run and subsequently the ECU was taking out 3 degrees of timing (I set it like that so I don't kapow motor)...

Turns out the HDi intercoolers are ok, but cooling wise they aren't that great when you're putting through 1.6bar of boost.. when I did logging on the streets with quick squirts in 2nd and 3rd gear intake temps were great, but the true test is when it's off it's chops in 4th on a dyno.

I'm seeing if it's worth getting a 100mm Plazmaman cooler OR just a ling long dim sim 600x300x100..

I would also be curious to know. Plazmaman items aren't cheap

When the car was on the dyno, I left the laptop logging data. Looks like the intercooler is unable to keep the charge temps low (I have a GM IAT sensor just after the FMIC).

I'm using a HDi core with Plazmaman "swept back" piping.. the FMIC measures 600x300x76mm.

post-22311-0-23750600-1419249939_thumb.png

P.S. I'll scan my dyno sheet tomorrow at work