SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

few bits to check on:

3inches or bigger Metal induction pipe with Pod filter.

Check pressure drop across intercooler

3inches or larger turbo back exhaust, all flanges has to be in 3inches, Cat has to be in 100 cell, no cat gives the best result.

Tension up the actuator rod.

Further update. This is the ATR45 SAT version for RB26, I've trailed the ball bearing version, and it have made a very slight increase in response. I'm hitting the MAP limit for the Haltech ecu, will be installing an 3 bars maps sensor shortly.

Result against Standard Bush bearing model:

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Also running against my factory twins:

powervsstock2.JPG

powervsstock.JPG

post-101240-14243421761029_thumb.jpg

He sure did drop the exhaust.

The catco 3" metal high flow cat was brand new and installed by dvs. Hence why he dropped the muffler only. Jjr dump front pipe also 3" bell mouth brand new installed by him.

Unigroup reckons even new cats can cause restrictions.

We will see tomorrow

I'll keep you all updated

Edited by Therealsandybang

I seem to remember 2 threads where there was a low power output, one was the GTX3067 thread and other Hanaldo's thread, correct me if im wrong but I think both had return flow intercoolers and JJR dump pipes..

Edited by AngryRB
  • Like 1

I seem to remember 2 threads where there was a low power output, one was the GTX3067 thread and other Hanaldo's thread, correct me if im wrong but I think both had return flow intercoolers and JJR dump pipes..

GTX3067 results were with return flow cooler, but dump is custom 3". That was thought to be an issue, but changed with zero difference.

I'm interested to see results of this investigation here.

Also how good does the adaptronic go compared to the likes of Vi-Pec/Link/Haltech ect in plug/play versions ofc. What can you do the Adaptronic for $$$'s wise with the sensors ill need and everything to just plug it in and set it up to go haha

I personally have not used Vi-Pec but I can comment on the Haltech & Adaptronic.

Haltech is more refined, has enough drivers to run full sequential injection & ignition where as the adaptronic is semi-sequential due to the lack of output, but Adaptronic has native serial input for most widebands and also direct flex sensor connection where as Haltech you will need to use an analog 0-5v input and if you want more inputs you'll need a pricy IO expansion box where as the adaptronic just pull off the cover and hook up additional sensors. Also adaptronic has a built-in 4 bar (43.5 max factoring in 1 bar atmospheric pressure) map sensor where as a Haltech has a 3bar (29psi max factoring in 1 bar atmospheric pressure).

If it boils down to features and price, Adatropnic hands down. If it boils down to software refinement and out of the box driveability from day one I would go Haltech.

You dont need a Dyno to check for an intercooler restriction, its cheaper to but another boost gauge or just move the boost gauge pickup to ore intercooler and see what pressure reads.

Gentlemen,

Did decat test. Ran 235kw at 13psi with no det on Unigroup dyno which apparently reads a bit lower (that's another argument).

Still losing boost from 17-->13psi.

Tao recommended pre loading actuator. Checked bov for leaks and did a run with it blocked off. Bov is fine.

They don't seem to think it's cooler yet.

Still some sort of restriction which is opening gate and preventing boost from being held.

Edited by Therealsandybang

Hoping mine doesn't get same issues with the .63 rear, however should be easier to hold 20psi externally gated yeah?

My cooler is 510x250x70 , tube and fin, which is worrying me a bit, however can't go any wider due to auto spoiler motors for the flip down lip on the 31. Could go to a 510x300x100 probably max.