SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

nice, what do you think is causing your waveness on your graph lines? if thats only 13psi then thats pretty awesome! what power is normally achievable with GTR intercooler?

Walking off the dyno. We just couldn't get It strapped down properly haha. Every few pulls we had to strap it down tighter and tighter. Just gave up in the end as this is just an intermediate tune so I can give the engine some love to make sure it's all good before I go throwing a heap of boost at it.

No idea what is possible with a standard GTR cooler to be honest. Have seen some people on here say it's a restriction after 350kw and other says it's fine 400kw+. All I know is that they fit perfect and for $50 a cooler you can't really go wrong especially when I want to take spares to drift days etc.

Looking promising so far will really come on when you wind a few more psi in.

Yep I'm amazed at how much difference 3psi makes! Can't wait to turn the wick up haha. I will probably chuck in a 14psi gate spring and go from there. Just for the dyno we revved it out to 7k and it kept making power, which to me is another indication cam timing is out. I'll try and move the whole graph left and set rev limit at 6500 for engine longevity.

I just want it to make as many clouds as your car does haha :)

Walking off the dyno. We just couldn't get It strapped down properly haha. Every few pulls we had to strap it down tighter and tighter. Just gave up in the end as this is just an intermediate tune so I can give the engine some love to make sure it's all good before I go throwing a heap of boost at it.

No idea what is possible with a standard GTR cooler to be honest. Have seen some people on here say it's a restriction after 350kw and other says it's fine 400kw+. All I know is that they fit perfect and for $50 a cooler you can't really go wrong especially when I want to take spares to drift days etc.

Yep I'm amazed at how much difference 3psi makes! Can't wait to turn the wick up haha. I will probably chuck in a 14psi gate spring and go from there. Just for the dyno we revved it out to 7k and it kept making power, which to me is another indication cam timing is out. I'll try and move the whole graph left and set rev limit at 6500 for engine longevity.

I just want it to make as many clouds as your car does haha :)

Haha yeah turbos perfect 3-400kw turbo for sliding. Im on lazy 16psi and its more then enough and dw the clouds will come with your setup no worries?

Dial in cam gears and a stiffer gate spring. Cam timing is currently set for top end power (this happenes when you have a RB30 bottom end and use the standard timing marks on the RB25 cam backing plate) but as I have adjustable intake and exhaust gears we can dial them both in and move everything on the graph to the left. Also the gate starts opening at about 8psi so it's slow to build boost. Put a 14psi spring it and turn up the gain a little on the boost controller should have it coming on nice and strong :)

Just dialed more fuel into tune to play it safe (was running 20psi through highflow, 14psi gate on ss2)

Holy f**k hahaha feels SO good, retained all of its down low driveability and once it hits about 3600-3700 rpm its a massive rush of power and noise, even running quite rich still pulls better everywhere than the highflow. Doesnt have the kick from 3000-3400 but after that its like an on/off switch.

WIll post up results once i get access to a dyno.

Its hitting 14psi so far on gate pressure no controller at 3700rpm on a logging run.

Edited by AUSBen31T

Had the R34 dyno tuned yesterday. Even with 170000Kms, It still managed to pull 305rwkws @ 20psi with pump 98 fuel.

car.jpg

Power:

power.jpg

Boost

boost.jpg

The blitz cooler that I've fitted seems to be working fine at this stage. The car has:

ID 1000cc injectors

Adaptronic Plugin R34GTT ECU

3inches turbo back exhaust

Splitfire coil packs.

Nismo Clutch

Nismo Fuel pump

Compare to the standard version of ATR43G3, the SAT pulled more power every where.

powervsold.jpg

It is also more responsive. The built engine was happier to take more boost, how ever we will be stopping at 20psi on the factory engine:

boostvsold.jpg

Pretty happy as the car worked out alright, and every thing worked perfectly for the first go. I'll be trailing another SAT G3 prototype next friday, hopefully be stretching the power band further.

• Like 1

That is tops. Stao for achieving this sort of torque curve on an R34 GTT would you use a 21U or OP6? All the OP6 high flows I see seem to start making boost at 4k which is a bit late for a street car.. I have a second hand OP6 hoping it can be high flowed without going too big on the turbine side..

Just finished installing my 21U high flow and had it tuned by Trent:

fn7atf.jpg

Much happier with the performance of this turbo compared with the OP6 variant I had last time.

As you can see, full boost is achieved by under 3,500rpm and I got 100rwkw at just over 3,000rpm.

My car's clutch began slipping towards the end of the tune, so Trent backed the power off; it could have made 260-270rwkw with more boost.

It's currently making 248rwkw at ~16psi. It feels better than my OP6 did at 20psi and 270rwkw, probably due to the wider spread of power/torque.

Big ups to Stao for this turbo and for putting up with my constant calls,visits and questions! :thumbsup:

If anyone is looking to buy a brand new ATR43-SS2, I'm selling a current model brand new in box as delivered from Stao with braided oil line and manifold spacer. $1300 PM me for more details...

Yes they are available in BB, cost bit more to build, but doesn't make that much of a great deal in differences.:

ATR45SAT on GTR. BB Vs Journal:

The slightly laggier light blue curves Journal, Dark blue and even lighter blue curves are BB.

boost.jpg

Can't tell by looking at power curves:

power.jpg

Yes. That is a bolton turbo, internally gated with rb 6 bolt dump pattern.

That's a cray cray turbo.

I need to make a decision very soon as to what to put on the Stagea. How far off production is this version?