SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

any tips on adjusting preload on actuator?

I usually run around 5mm of preload, or slightly over half the width of the hole. Depending on the spring it will take a bit of effort to pull the actuator back over the wastegate pin. The more preload the less the wastegate will travel, so you may need to dial it back a little if the boost is rising higher up in the revs. (unless that's the boost curve you are going for.)

Don't lose the circlip. ;)

• Like 2

found this video from Tao, great music choice :thumbsup:

will run approx 3-4mm as advised by Tao. if i adjust actuator, will it affect the tune ?

my turbo 21u hiflow is getting fullboost by 4500~ which is very laggy.

me and toshi tested with no airbox cover on and it help response dramatically but no where near the 35-3700rpm it should be getting fullboost by.

current mods

480cc

21U hiflow

3" turboback jasma apexi superdunk

2,5" cooler

high pressure hypergear actuator @ 19-20psi

unopened rb25det s2 r33

Toshi suggested to run pod with EBC and it will help around 4000rpm but i want the 3500-3700 response that the 21U is supposed to make lol

didnt get change to run on dyno or complete 3rd and 4th gear runs as clutch slipped over 5000

If car is sitting on 1st gear then do expect 20psi over 5000RPM, I would advise of a clutch change and have the car fully tuned before trouble shooting take places, then preload the actuator through actuator bracket if needs to be.

Dude are you elvis? you bought my old turbo?

I had the 20 psi actuator installed with about 1-2mm negative preload on the actuator to bring boost down to about 17psi when i switched to 98. That killed response

Fit the black kinugawa actuator I gave you with about 5mm preload and you will get full boost around 3400rpm in 4th with max boost around 14-15 psi

• Like 1

yeap

i don't get 17psi, i hit 19-20 lol

perhaps my mechanic may of moved actuator slightly as he installed a circlip to replace your wire you used.

Will do, Cheers Tim!

tao, can you confirm? shouldn't the high pressure actuator have same repsonse>?

Well, If Blackkers is getting good response using the same turbo then you should too. Just make sure the internal gate is shut and preloaded. and yes 20psi is lovely, baby it till it gets tuned, it should be all good :yes: .

• Like 1

Some updates. This is result of a OP6 high flow that I've done for Unique Auto Sports in NSWs.

R33 GTST stock engine with usual bolton supporting mods, PFC, pump 98 fuel. Final result of 278rwkws @ 18psi:

op6hf278rwkwr33.jpg

And a prototype turbo for Jet_R31. its the biggest possible turbo that we can make that fits into a T3x turbine housing. Hopping to see 600rwkws on his built RB30ET engine.

front.jpg

rear.jpg

• Like 2