SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

The Power to boost behavior of the RB20det is similar to an SR20det on stock cams. like the G2 and SS15 versions works pretty well on RB20det in a T3x .64 rear that has been made to suit Rb20det's T3x print with 6 bolt dump.

There are very few Rb20dets around so its unlikely I will be invest into it at this stage.

• Like 1

2016 version of SS2 has many changes made to earlier models. The difference in end result would be a combination of alterations made. Ceramic ball bearing system makes difference in throttle response and becomes very apparent when working with low CPR, None VCT engines as well as cars with Auto transmission. It is definitely recommended for that Cosworth engine.

thanks for that Tao.

so the SS2 with CBB would be more responsive than the ATR43g3sat with cbb?

No its not. but current version did make more power externally gated. Im doing more developments into that at moment. But I dont think I can get any better.

Car is going on the rollers soon, just got my exhaust system modified again :)

Car still runs a cat, still smells great and makes less pollution than any VW out there (jokes). However you see what I did there? haha :ph34r:

It's 3.5" turbo back (all stainless), runs a 3.5" cat, 3.5" mid muffler, 3.5" resonator and a 3.5" rear muffler, however there's a stupid 3" restrictor or smaller right were the tip starts.. broscience tells me the EGTs are much lower there and the exhaust gases "should" be more dense.... let's see on the dyno.

Yes that's right no more screamer.. on the up side the exhaust is so quiet all I hear is spool and dose :wub:

Big shout out to Grub and his team @ Impossible Fabrications at Moorebank.. he built whatever I drew up/dreamt up and did it quickly and mind you cheap too!

post-22311-0-19714300-1463614844_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

Need to redo the wideband wiring, it's just there temporarily.. there isn't much room for it because of the le-hectic wastegate plumb back hahaha

Mr EPA won't like it, but Mr EPA can do the gas test and dB test and I'll pass (well pretty sure I will) lol

Is that the hks exhaust i sold you

You should of cut the restrictor out

Its a easy job and could have got them to reweld it

Just the welds around the exhaust tip you have to grind off and it slides out 1 piece with the restrictor

Is that the hks exhaust i sold you

You should of cut the restrictor out

Its a easy job and could have got them to reweld it

Just the welds around the exhaust tip you have to grind off and it slides out 1 piece with the restrictor

hahah yep.. I launched the mid muffler and the front section of the pipe work..

Tried that trick you said, the internal tube has been tacked into the meshing inside the muffler... chopped off the entire tip and all, wouldn't budge.

I'm going to get a slide hammer and go to town with it.. it no luck, I'm throwing that muffler.

With my old fujitsubo exhaust was like that and my kakimoto one is like that

But im just going to cut the restrictor with a small dremel and just remove it from the diff back and it should fall out as the piping is 3 1/2 inch and fairly straight

So i dont have to reweld it but ill leave it for now as it keeps it fairly quiet and shouldnt be much of a restriction at <200kw

Hks must be different

Logs to come, but the motor and turbo wanted to make more power but I stopped adding more timing and boost.

So yeah, stock unopened motor 1.75 bar boost, 1.5 bar by 4100rpm and an effortless 372kW :)

No more screamer, car even runs a cat. Stock intake plenum, stock modified exhaust manifold.

Many thanks to HyperGear for the upgrade and Mark at MRC for coming in on a Saturday to let me use his dyno!

post-22311-0-60411200-1463825499_thumb.jpg

• Like 4

Hahaha yeah man, drove it home after I tuned it. It's street registered :)

I actually stopped at 360kW then decided yolo, add more boost lol

The SR20 I tuned afterwards was horrible, full boost at 5.2k has rubbish BC cams that are useless. I'm going to help the owner take them out and bin them.

Logs to come, but the motor and turbo wanted to make more power but I stopped adding more timing and boost.

So yeah, stock unopened motor 1.75 bar boost, 1.5 bar by 4100rpm and an effortless 372kW :)

No more screamer, car even runs a cat. Stock intake plenum, stock modified exhaust manifold.

Many thanks to HyperGear for the upgrade and Mark at MRC for coming in on a Saturday to let me use his dyno!

attachicon.gif20160521_105825.jpg

Wut. Next you'll be telling us you have a recirc.

;)

attachicon.gif20160521_105825.jpg

Wut. Next you'll be telling us you have a recirc.

;)

Sadly has decreased, my old SS2 dosed better :(

But, still doses nevertheless lol

What!

Pull it out and put the old one back in. Decreased dosing is just not on.

• Like 1