SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

This turbo is far from bolt on the water/oil lines are no where near fitting even when clocking the turbo while its on the exhaust manifold.

I sugest in the future you advise client how much of a f**k around it really is and supply custom lines with the turbo.

And no its not my lack of mechanical know how. If i can swap in a new rb26 in a 32 gtr with out a hoist and with out dropping a gear box then this semi bolt on turbo should be a breaze

Well, you must use braided oil line that is supplied. Do not use your stock oil line, It wont fit, and will starve the turbo. Braided line runs from the other round of the turbo to block. the drain pattern matches to your OEM pattern.

We remove and fit in average 2 skyline turbos every week, this is 3 hours job which we only charge $200 to carry out or $250 onsite.

I removed and fitted mine in my self, I'm not mechanically minded at all. Took me 5 hours, and most of time was spent on trying to get rusted bolts out of the manifold and dump. The metal water line to chassis side is pretty easy to get on, With the L shape one that is on engine side you need to force it backward to secure the hollow screw.

Its a standard Garrett T3x bearing housing with M18 x 1.5 fittings on both side. We also use on all our high flows. Braided water lines are not required to fit it.

Here I've attached a photo. Note the oil feeding port is directly above the screw pointed. Once rotated to this angle, It will line up with all fittings.

post-27032-1261643472_thumb.jpg

Turbo Cran mentioned is a ATR28G4 in .82 T3 turbine housing. unfortunately back then they were sent out in T28 bolt up position. Current ATR43 Gxs have had the CHRAs rotated to photo above before sent out.

Cant wait for my new turbo 3582 .69 exh with 50mm gate and anti surge slotted .7 front cover

ill let u guys know how i go once its tuned after the new yr

gonna be a bit of an upgrade over the old kkr480 lol wonder if 400rwhp is out of the question mmm

thanks 4 ur good service stao hope to see the turbo in the mail soon!

Here are two photos of your job. Turned a KKR480 to a sleeve bearing 3582 in .70 front with Anti surge slots and .69 rear. I'm pretty happy with way of how the angled slots we drill came out.

My Camera wasn't very good. Please upload few photos when you get it. Cheers.

PICT0044.JPG

PICT0047.JPG

• 2 weeks later...

Few new projects and updates for 2010:

First of all few of you already know We've started developing VARA project in Mid dec 09. Which allows us to change your turbine A/R to what ever we need it to be. Means we can now high flow your stock R33 (yes your stock 2IU turbine housing not OP6) turbos to produce 270rwkws if need to. So we are no longer boxed by the flow limit with some smaller turbine housings.

2ndly as we all aware that smaller turbine housings gives us better response but not good up top. with our Variable Air Ratio (VARA A: actuator controlled) turbine housings. We can start off with a .42 A/R till 7psi and have it increased to 0.82 on 20psi refer to boost increase. Means you can have 300rwkws with stock alike response. This response is also adjustable with a bleed valve. This method has been used on few turbocharged Porches, we will be intergrating this into Nissans.

3rdly We will be building .60 compressor housings with stock size inlets and out lets. So people are no longer required to get any "Kits" as it bolton to your stock every thing.

I will be posting photos once I get back on the 15th of Jan.

Happy new year every one.

Few new projects and updates for 2010:

First of all few of you already know We've started developing VARA project in Mid dec 09. Which allows us to change your turbine A/R to what ever we need it to be. Means we can now high flow your stock R33 (yes your stock 2IU turbine housing not OP6) turbos to produce 270rwkws if need to. So we are no longer boxed by the flow limit with some smaller turbine housings.

2ndly as we all aware that smaller turbine housings gives us better response but not good up top. with our Variable Air Ratio (VARA A: actuator controlled) turbine housings. We can start off with a .42 A/R till 7psi and have it increased to 0.82 on 20psi refer to boost increase. Means you can have 300rwkws with stock alike response. This response is also adjustable with a bleed valve. This method has been used on few turbocharged Porches, we will be intergrating this into Nissans.

3rdly We will be building .60 compressor housings with stock size inlets and out lets. So people are no longer required to get any "Kits" as it bolton to your stock every thing.

I will be posting photos once I get back on the 15th of Jan.

Happy new year every one.

Sounds effing excellent!  :)

When do you expect these services to be available, will you be putting up rough price estimations?

Might be a good time to pick up a cheapo blown 33 turbo  :D

That's awesome news...when do you expect the VARA turbochargers to be available? Any idea on pricing? I plan on high flowing my R33 turbo with you guys soon so if you need another test mule...

Can this be done with the standard housings - ie: you just change the CHRA, or does this require something more special?

and you can turn KKR turbos into something worth using!?

Only original part from my kkr turbo he used was my exhaust housing because it was already modified to suit 50mm ext gate

rest of it is all brand new and i must say looks very very sexy! :P

in the stage of bolting it up, waiting on spacer plate and gotta get water lines etc

I should have my ATR43G3 fitted up soon....well by soon i mean when ever my bloody manifold gasket turns up =\

I got the .82 rear housing...mainly because the car is track only and will spend most of its like above 4k rpm

LOWRB: Please post some photos man. Cheers.

VARA turbine housings can be installed onto any type of CHRAs including Garrett BB once.

The R33 turbine housing A/R increasement is apart of our powered up high flow. It cost $1270 to carry out including GST and braided oil feeding line. High pressure actuators are available for $150 for any one who needs to run more then 16psi of boost.

new gt3582 turbo is fitted up low mounted on stock exhaust manifold

pulled all my hair out i think but finally got there..

ext gate is set to .5 bar until tune on 20th

turbo has a very loud whistle from the surge slots similar to hks to4z and t51r sounds nice

lets just hope it produces some decent power :(