SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

I've always been an advocate of not coating the outside of exhaust components unless the inside is coated. Keeping the heat in the gas is generally desirable, but keeping it trapped in the metal is not.

The only issue I have is the suspicion that internal coating may not be 100% reliable, and if a piece somehow flakes off and destroys a turbine, you won't be happy. For all that, I would still do it.

There's been plenty of testwork done to show that coating or wrapping exhaust manifolds improves boost threshold (spool) and power. Coating the turbine housing cannot offer as much benefit, because it's too late to save much heat that could help the turbine make more power by that point. But it will certainly reduce engine bay heating, because the turbine housing can be a big piece of metal radiating a lot of heat.

Some result from the new SS2, only had time to do a touch up on my E70 tune and my fuel pump is at its limit. I will need a bigger pump for the E70 to finish off the power run in couple of weeks time. For time been it made 345rwkws at 19psi bleeding down from 22psi. Likely there is another 15KWs gain using a high pressured actuator holding 20psi up top with more fuel. It is currently running the lever mode with a 14psi actuator.

For some reason the lighter material did not alter much in boost response on paper, how ever managed to produce heaps more mid range in comparison to the G2.5 that made similar power output. The difference is very noticeable on road, does not feel laggy at all.

The prediction on pump 98 would be around the 285~300rwkws mark as the capacity of the Type B .82 rear housing is up to the 300rwkws mark.

power.jpg

boost.jpg

Congratuations this is mint result man. Why is the torque stupidly high?

Edited by petero'nell

Mitch you and I should get this E85 shit happening.

Will my 555 injectors and walbro 255 pump handle E85 up to around 260-270rwkw?

Thats just a guess as to what the SS1PU can pump out when using E85

Don't know enough about the Walbro pumps, but 555 injectors have flowed 320rwkw of E85 before so there's no reason you can't support a safe 300. I have 555s and that's what I'll be shooting for.

My 660's were maxed on E85 with my GTR at 307kw.

Can be done with 555's but without any margin for safety.

Also my drifter runs the walbro 255lph with 301kw on E85 with no issue's to flow. Has 740's tho.

It all depends on the base fuel pressure, If you bump it up the pump has to take the load, if you drop pressure the injectors work harder.

The 1000's I run flow over 1500cc at higher pressure but you would require a damn good fuel system to support high flow at such a high pressure. The 255 Walbro pumps die off at around 80psi and start to make some weird noises, so I decided to lower the base pressure as I hadn't maxed the injectors yet. At least I can raise it up from there if I need more injector. If you were going to load up the fuel pump I would go for the new 416 Walbro as it handles high pressures with much more flow than the 341/342.

As Jez said, leave plenty of overhead in your injectors and pump for safety, you don't want to push either to their limits.

Yep let the saving start

Then I'll sell the 555's an buy something around the 700 mark.

Birds when will yours be going 85?

Might wait to see your results haha

Just get id1000's I think, they idle ok for big injectors and will give you plenty of room for other upgrades down the track

Edited by Mitcho_7

Just get id1000's I think, they idle ok for big injectors and will give you plenty of room for other upgrades down the track

Top feed though, so not plug-in for you 33 guys.

For what it's worth though, my new ID1000's are exactly as good as everyone makes them out to be, they're unbelievable. I've so far only been able to putt around with them, but my car has never idled so well before, the AFR's just sit dead still at 14.7 at idle and all my cold start/hot start issues are gone. My Power Enterprise 650's would bounce around all over the place between 15:1 and over 18:1 (AFR gauge maxed at 18 so couldn't see how much leaner it got). Had quite a rough idle because of it, but now it just purrs. Not sure how much of that is to do with the new Link ecu as well though.

Edited by Hanaldo

Yep let the saving start

Then I'll sell the 555's an buy something around the 700 mark.

Birds when will yours be going 85?

Might wait to see your results haha

Waste of money given the power level you're shooting for IMO, nonetheless, whatever makes your tuner happy. Gearbox and clutch being put in this week so I guess once that's done I'll book in for a tune. Don't wait for me though, you know E is gonna be awesome :)

You gonna take it up to Jez for the e85 tune ?

Yeah I will but this time it won't be as rushed.

So might even organise a trailer or something depending on what happens.

Nearly got stuck up there last time because of all the issues that popped up with mine haha.

Stao I'll have to hit you up bud for one of those 14psi actuator I want to be able to track this thing around on 14-15psi then bump it up when the time comes

Road trip then i will tune both cars in a saturday. Then party and check cold start :)

Haha Count me in, hows september sound?

Yeah I will but this time it won't be as rushed.

So might even organise a trailer or something depending on what happens.

Nearly got stuck up there last time because of all the issues that popped up with mine haha.

Stao I'll have to hit you up bud for one of those 14psi actuator I want to be able to track this thing around on 14-15psi then bump it up when the time comes

What will you need a trailer for? Just drive it up there as is and do the bigger injectors, drain the 98 from the tank etc when you get up there.

Edited by Mitcho_7

Didn't know your gearbox gave way as well.

That sucks big time.

Well I guess it's you and me again buddy let's show these peeps some results

It didn't, it's always had crunchy synchos since I swapped out the Redline crap that the previous owner put in it :down:

Time for a reconditioned unit to go in.