SAU Community

Hypergear Turbochargers and High flow Services Development thread

Any updates on the SR motor of yours Stao? my brother is looking one for his 180sx, tossing between one of yours, and a 3071.

Well 3071 is very laggy on my SR. 180sx doesn't have VCT so it won't be much better then mine.

Getting things to work on the SR is much harder then on the RB. The current VNT turbine system have only made the car hitting 1psi much quicker, at 5% light throttle I can hit 1 psi. from 1psi to 20psi still takes for ever, there for, no end result differences. Doing some evaluation on SS15 on .64 rear at moment and it drives nicely. So further evaluations to be conducted at this stage.

One of my FiveO motor sports's 1200 injector gave up the ghost last week after 5 dyno runs, which is abit disappointing. getting replacement installed shortly for SS Alpha bolton series evaluations soon.

So, my r33 turbo is getting highflowed at the moment, (thanks Stao!) what are peoples thoughts on what power it will make on an rb20det on 98?

Usual support mods, nistune, z32, 800cc sards, return flow cooler, 3 inch turbo back, metal intake pipe

Have seen results of previous highflows, but not results on the current profile on a RB20.

Cheers

lucky you've mentioned it, I didn't take a note that it is for a Rb20det.

The current R33 profile would be able to support roughly 250rwkws while older profile would be more responsive maxing towards 230rwkws. So would you prefer power or response?

Some updated photo of the SS2 M35 Stagea high flow with our latest SS2 compressor wheel, and latest SS2's turbine wheel which is 3.5mms larger in diameter to the older version with a 2 degrees difference in blade radius. Please note the internal gate is to be enlarged which didn't take place when this photos were taken.

comp.JPG

turbine.JPG

And of course never stop trying. Here is a newer version of a ATR43 prototype, aimed at high 300rwkws with optimum response. It is for Mr Hovic's drift car.

compressor.JPG

turbine.JPG

Updating some results:

SLSS2 as some have already seen. Final result of 356rwkws @ 23psi factory engine stock cams E85 fuel.

Brae manifold, Externally gated.

slss2power.jpg

slss2boost.jpg

21U high flow on a R34 Skyline, final result of 266rwkws @ 17psi Pump 98 fuel. Going with high pressure actuator for 20psi, hopefully be seeing close to 300rwkws soon.

266rwkwshighflow.jpg

ATR43SS2 factory Bolton Turbocharger on a stock Rb25det powered R32 with No VCT. Final result of 328rwkws @ 21psi E85 fuel.

328rwkwsss2E85.jpg

My brothers evo booked in for a tune next week

Stao fitted a slss2 chra to his evo 9 turbo

Hoping for 280+awkw on 25-27psi

Dives nicely on current tune gate crackes at very low 4000rpm untuned won't let it go over 20psi on 18psi actuator

• Like 1

My brothers evo booked in for a tune next week

Stao fitted a slss2 chra to his evo 9 turbo

Hoping for 280+awkw on 25-27psi

Dives nicely on current tune gate crackes at very low 4000rpm untuned won't let it go over 20psi on 18psi actuator

I would be interested to see the graph as I have the same highflow in my evo7, just waiting for the engine builder to finish his work.

Stao I'm curious to hear what you think of compressor housing size and power levels , where you think the cut off points are for the 0.60 T04B , the 0.50 and 0.60 T04Es . The T04S is usually as big as most go and I'm curious to hear how much difference you think there is between it and the 0.60 T04E .

Also can you supply a T3 spacer plate in 15 to 20mm because I can't easily get one , GCG advertise a 20mm one but they don't have them and don't know when ...

I have their longer studs and I want the thicker spacer to cover any future updates , do once do right .

It's no secret that I don't like the S covers mainly because they look bigger even if it's not much over the T04E port shrouded one . I just can't get my head around using a supposedly 700 hp comp housing on a 4-500 hp compressor .

There are a few less common compressor housings floating around like the 0.70 AR T04B and there may even be a T04S 0.60 AR . I remember Brett telling me years back about a 2" outlet comp housing they used as an upgrade to the XR6Ts T04E one so there must be a few odd ones out there .

Thanks Stao , cheers Adrian .

Edited by discopotato03

What turbo you going now gtscott

Cashed in on the MTQ GTX sale, now have a GTX3071 and will be installing over the next couple of weeks.

Picking it up tonight to start rigging it up.