SAU Community

Why do people hate the R33?

50 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

Fair point, I mean if you measure your self worth (or dick size) by what other people think of your car rather than it's technical pros/cons and how it makes you feel then that's perfectly fine. I do not. At the price point, they're an absolute steal for what you get, for it's time it was way over-engineered in every aspect.

People almost never know what it is... I don't take it to car meets as I'm not a StanceFag, but from time to time normal people get excited about it. in fact I always have to talk it down, as they then think I'm rich or something, getting tired of saying "nah it's just a Soarer you could get one for $4k"

What's important is it's I really enjoy driving it, looking at it as I walk back to it in the car park/petrol station. The R33 gives similar enjoyment but on a different level, most of it's enjoyment is thrashing it on the track.

StanceFag...love it! I cannot understand what's so attractive about these builds...looks like a fat cow on fours but anyways.

What's fascinating in this thread though, is that R32 owners HATE (with a passion) R33's, whereas R33 owners just prefer it over the others.

Now i'm no fan of Psychology (and it's somewhat lack or repeatability), but reading the following certainly makes sense:

Why do we hate? The reasons are complex, but following are some of the factors that may play a role in helping us understand hate and, hopefully, work toward change.

• Fear of “The Other”
  • Fear of Ourselves
  • Lack of Self-compassion

Very fascinating indeed...

39 minutes ago, GTofuS-T said:

What's fascinating in this thread though, is that R32 owners HATE (with a passion) R33's, whereas R33 owners just prefer it over the others.

Now i'm no fan of Psychology (and it's somewhat lack or repeatability), but reading the following certainly makes sense:

Why do we hate? The reasons are complex, but following are some of the factors that may play a role in helping us understand hate and, hopefully, work toward change.

• Fear of “The Other”
  • Fear of Ourselves
  • Lack of Self-compassion

Very fascinating indeed...

I hate to admit but I think you're on something here...

The R32 is older, not many are still in good condition and are most worth much less than the R33 and R34 GTRs.

And let's face it, they're not as desirable...I mean, look, please don't get me wrong but the R32 GTR is my third favourite Skyline of all time that says a lot so I don't hate it whereas R32 owners actually HATE the R33 and to some degree the R34 which says a lot. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, GTSBoy said:

I don't hate the R33.  I just think it's ugly, by comparison to all the other GTRs.  And I don't even count the R35, because, well, comparing apples and pineapples.

Mate, we have found a common ground...I don't even count the R35 as a true Skyline GTR. 

14 minutes ago, SeanR32GtSt said:

I think for most Americans what ruined the R33 look is the late 90’s Chevy impala we have here that has an almost identical rear end and when we see those it’s too conflicting 

Taxi....

F144945707.jpg

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, SeanR32GtSt said:

I think for most Americans what ruined the R33 look is the late 90’s Chevy impala we have here that has an almost identical rear end and when we see those it’s too conflicting 

I don't want to speak for all Americans, but a few of the people I have spoken to have been workshop owners. They believe that the R33 is going to be more popular in the US than the 32.

Their justification was that the R32s are breaking into the US market and importers/part shops/workshops popping up to support them, then the R33 will follow, cheaper and newer, following an already known path into the US. It removes a bit of the risks that some clients feel exist and they still get a GTR or Skyline of their choice.

1 minute ago, Steve85 said:

cheaper

Well the rise in R32 price was arguably due to the US demand, so it would be fairly safe to say if they're interested in them, the same rise will occur, unless, and I've heard some people doing this with R34's too, they're buying them already and storing them until they can be legally imported, smoothing the demand rather than a big influx.

• Like 1

I think after all the discussions, it's probably safe to say that most people do not "hate" the R33 GTR and many actually adore it most like myself included. 

So this thread has been proven to be false. It all comes down to preference but this thread has been busted. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Robocop2310 said:

I think after all the discussions, it's probably safe to say that most people do not "hate" the R33 GTR and many actually adore it most like myself included. 

So this thread has been proven to be false. It all comes down to preference but this thread has been busted. 

personally, if i went down the GTR road, it would probably be an R32, I drive an R33 GTS-T, and the  R33 GT-R is too similar and i wouldn't enjoy it, it would just be a subtle change to what i already have for a shit tonne more money.

6 hours ago, GTofuS-T said:

personally, if i went down the GTR road, it would probably be an R32, I drive an R33 GTS-T, and the  R33 GT-R is too similar and i wouldn't enjoy it, it would just be a subtle change to what i already have for a shit tonne more money.

Too similar? Are you kidding me??