SAU Community

R31 Vs R32 Vs R33 Vs R34 - Which Is The Best Skyline

Some purist says, R33 is the best in term of power and ride & handling outshine its other sibling. I read in few mags confirming the R33 as the best Skyline with RB engine ever. R32 was perhaps the one that changed the perception of Japanese Sport car through out the world, R33 polished and enhanced it to next level. R34 was said to be too heavy, too tech savvy and being call Play Station Generation's car.

In Malaysia, R33 is very2 less respected and 'ashamed' compared with R32 or R34 due to the similarity in its design with Perdana wannabe Skyliner.

R31 is almost unheard before as it was marketed for Japanese market only. I've been told R31 is a respected beast till today in Japan as it conquered Japan domestic races and underground races during its heyday.

:)

This really just comes down to personal preference.

R32 GTR claimed its name in bathurst back in the day and still till this day seems to break records against its youngest brother the R35 GTR

I prefer the interior of the r33 and r34 over the r32.

I would buy a R34 GTR over my 32 GTR anyday but I cant afford too :)

so yeh i think each one has its pros and cons.

no car is ever perfect

my 2cents

• Like 1

This really just comes down to personal preference.

R32 GTR claimed its name in bathurst back in the day and still till this day seems to break records against its youngest brother the R35 GTR

I prefer the interior of the r33 and r34 over the r32.

I would buy a R34 GTR over my 32 GTR anyday but I cant afford too :)

so yeh i think each one has its pros and cons.

no car is ever perfect

my 2cents

R32 & R33 the best car.?

ah so itsa GTR's only being talked about here? Makes a bit more sense then i guess.

I'd agree with Sarumatix's quote although do not know much about the r31 the descriptions of the 32/33 and 34 seem pretty spot on to me

Some purist says, R33 is the best in term of power and ride & handling outshine its other sibling.

I read in few mags confirming the R33 as the best Skyline with RB engine ever.

They have the same engine, with more torque as each new model came out.

R32 was perhaps the one that changed the perception of Japanese Sport car through out the world, R33 polished and enhanced it to next level.

The R32 and R33 GTR have the same engine.

Was probably tuned to have a bit more torque but that's about it.

R34 was said to be too heavy, too tech savvy and being call Play Station Generation's car.

Any car with a MFD, ppl say it's to savvy.

Playstation Generation cuz all the kids who play Need 4 Speed Underground, don't have the chance to drive a real R34 GTR, they praise it in the video game like crazy.

In Malaysia, R33 is very2 less respected and 'ashamed' compared with R32 or R34 due to the similarity in its design with Perdana wannabe Skyliner.

R32 and R34 GTR's look better.

R31 is almost unheard before as it was marketed for Japanese market only. I've been told R31 is a respected beast till today in Japan as it conquered Japan domestic races and underground races during its heyday.

Dispite it's 'grandpa' styling, it took the Skyline 1 step closer to the GTR's.

post-46584-1263779375_thumb.jpg

For GTRs my personal opinion is the R34. Nissan studied what they did wrong with the R33 (too heavy, less GTR appeal) and tried to make a car that was closer to the R32. Remember at the time the NSX was out and was technically a superior car to the R32 and R33. Nissan had to come out with something better and the R34 was the end result.

Next is the R32. It just looks better than the R33, lighter and tossier. The muscular lines is what started the GTR appeal in my opinion, the R33 had less of it which looked more like a Falcon or Telstar. The R34 took aggresive styling to another level.

I have less knowledge of the R31. I watched them raced in Group A racing in Australia with George Fury at the wheel and enjoyed watching the blue/white/red cars take on the locals (which they did very well). I think that was when I became a fan. When Godzilla came it was like the missing link of Australian motoring. That was how significant the R32 was.

It seems that I'm not a fan of the R33 because of the styling. I think dark colours like black or midnight purple with offset rims suits them best.

HR31 feels antiquated to drive IMO especially compared to the R32, also feels like you're sitting on the passenger's lap since it is quite squeezy inside.

Depends otherwise on whether you're comparing GT-R or not, R32 w/RB25 is the ultimate Skyline IMO

I have had a 32 and a 34 gtr and both were brilliant, the 34 certainly had a much nicer interior.

I struggle to be engaged by the 33! I am surprised that any purist would pick this vehicle as their

weapon of choice. Especially with models like the 34N1, nur, or aus delivered 32 in the mix.

:domokun:

:rofl2:

They have the same engine, with more torque as each new model came out.

The R32 and R33 GTR have the same engine.

Was probably tuned to have a bit more torque but that's about it.

I thought Nissan revised a few of the ancillaries with each revision of the GTR.

One that springs to mind is the bearing to the oil pump, if i recall correctly, the bearing (or something) is too small on the 32 and is prone to screwing up and causing oil supply issues.

That said was a while ago that i read that... so i could be wrong.

I thought Nissan revised a few of the ancillaries with each revision of the GTR.

One that springs to mind is the bearing to the oil pump, if i recall correctly, the bearing (or something) is too small on the 32 and is prone to screwing up and causing oil supply issues.

That said was a while ago that i read that... so i could be wrong.

Yes, I too have read about that.

The R32's weak oil pump drive collar, which tended to fail in higher power applications.

So when highly modifying a R32 GTR, that will need attention to.

For stock, light and mid modifications, it is fine.

It was fixed in the R33 GTR, with a wider collar.

• 2 weeks later...