SAU Community

Sau:nsw Official Wakefield Trackday 2010 - Full

S13Deviat

on swaybars....actually for anyone new at the track....

most important thing (apart from learning how to drive around the track) is to get your tyre pressures right first.

frist thing decide target tyre pressure. If you don't have a specific number try 38 for road tyres, 34 for semi slicks.

It's wakie and its winter...so start with the following cold tyre pressures:

RF target -6

LF target -8

RR target -6

LR target -4

don't worry too much about the first session, just feel your way around the track.

second session give it a warm up lap then 3 hard laps, then come into the pits pretty quick (let the brakes cool a little but don't back off on the tyres). come into pit lane, pull to the side, leave the car running/out of gear/handbrake off.

let the tyre pressures in each tyre down to the target pressure.

then go out and enjoy the day!

Once the tyre pressures are right, if you have adjustable bars set them both to medium. if you get too much understeer back off the rear bar to soft. if you get too much oversteer....maybe try softer front bar, or more front torque if its adjustable, or turn in later, or more progressive throttle out of the corner. If it rolls too much go harder on the front bar. but basically change them from session to session (pretty easy) and see what you like :bunny:

Remember each 3 hole bar has 5 settings because you do not have to adjust them evenly (ie you can have "hard" on one side and "medium" on the other to create "medium/hard")...so there are plenty of settings to confuse you!

hope you got the wheels aligned before you went to the track!

• Replies 566
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nah all good bobby, 8 year old ACL rupture that ive been putting off but know its giving me grief all the time so biting the bullet.

about the car, if you guys are serious about running it im happy too have it ready as i want to test the new sump. have already asked Ando but he reckons he might be too busy.....scared lol.

PM me and let me know. Besides i want to hear it from track-side.

Bring all your tools, and any spare parts you may have.

Bring spare coolant, oil, brake fluid, power steering fluid etc.

You will much rather have it, and not need it, then need it, and not have it...

Ill be bringing my big trolley jack, might bring a few peices of wood for u very low ppl.. trolley jack is 70mm when lowered..

Full Name: Reece McIntosh

Car Type: Clio

Newb or not: Rookie....

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one): 1.11

# of Drivers: 1

# of Passengers & Name: TBA

I left it late, but I will be there :bunny:

yayyy Reece!

and OMG....8 years and Shell enters a track day! You'll have a ball :bunny:

haha it's the first time I've had a "spare" car (even if its a stockers POS) so I don't have to worry about how I'm getting to work on Monday if anything breaks!!

Remember each 3 hole bar has 5 settings because you do not have to adjust them evenly (ie you can have "hard" on one side and "medium" on the other to create "medium/hard")...so there are plenty of settings to confuse you!

orly? Never considered that! Thanks Druncan :D

same...happy to take it for a spin stu!

dave, don't worry there will be plenty of tools there on the day...haven't you met the exec committee :thumbsup:

and OMG....8 years and Shell enters a track day! You'll have a ball :rofl:

See what fresh blood on the commitee does? We get everyone involved!

Full Name: Reece McIntosh

Car Type: Clio

Newb or not: Rookie....

Most recent lap time if not newb (can be another track if necessary but make sure you mention which one): 1.11

# of Drivers: 1

# of Passengers & Name: TBA

I left it late, but I will be there :thumbsup:

about time!!!

Looks like I will only be coming as an "assistant" at this stage. I could get the car going in time but it won't be quite right... and experience tells me that the only outcome from "not quite right" is disapointing and usually quite expensive. So I have decided to leave the girl parked in the garage, where she can't break anything :blush:

I am hopefully still going to come down and if I do am happy to help out where ever I can be used. Last time I had a lot of fun at pit exit ensuring that Neil and JP happened to find themselves rubbing elbows for the same peice of real estate. :) Although this didn't help me find my way out onto said real estate even if in the passengers seat. :)

Passengers can go into other cars, however I'm pretty sure there are quite strict rules about camera equipment inside cars.

Last i checked, a photog holding a camera and shooting while someone is driving, was not allowed.

Ando, correct?