SAU Community

I Smashed My Gtr Real Bad.

"He who has no sinned, may cast the first stone"

MINES,

I'm not one to judge, however going by your history & postings... you do come across young, immature & a little reckless. We've all been there 18 - 25, some a little more reckless than others. Until something lifechanging happens, & if common sense prevails we'll learn from our mistakes.

Being sympathic isn't going to help you... common sense, maturatiy & understanding truely how short life is WILL.

• Replies 340
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

"He who has no sinned, may cast the first stone"

MINES,

I'm not one to judge, however going by your history & postings... you do come across young, immature & a little reckless. We've all been there 18 - 25, some a little more reckless than others. Until something lifechanging happens, & if common sense prevails we'll learn from our mistakes.

Being sympathic isn't going to help you... common sense, maturatiy & understanding truely how short life is WILL.

:werd:

Well incidents like this are just starting to re-inforce my growing believe that no p-plater should EVER be able to drive a GTR (or maybe even a GTS-T for that matter). I am all for people having personal freedom for doing what they want, but this sort of thing is getting beyond a joke. It just makes things worse for

everybody else out there, those who have had the years of driving experience to be able to drive a powerful car and keep it on the road.

Could have been worse, and you're pretty damn lucky. If that pole had been 40cm closer on your drivers door, I doubt you'd be here posting about it today. You would have simply become another "statistic" to help the government enforce stricter and stricter penalties for drivers out there who drive within their limits.

p.s. enjoy driving the gemini, because a GTR (or any skyline) is definitely not worthy for you

Your attitude since joining these forums has been not only personally irritating but also extremely immature. Your accident only reinforces my feelings.

:werd:

**** me some of you guys must have no hearts at all. How could any of you wish he was hurt in the accident, you think that would teach him anymore of a lesson

Heart? I think the majority of older or more mature people on here get sick of reading about dickheads doing dumb things in skylines. This just makes public perception worse and makes more difficult to drive a car we really like driving who don't be stupid about it.

While, yes, maybe that is self centered, but also really I think everybody *does* have the interests of these people best at heart, and preventing them from killing themselves (or worse, others!) on the roads! Nobody wants that, so hence the anger.. Its sad that sometimes the only way certain types of people learn is by being yelled at, or ****ing up badly.

He WAS lucky that is for sure. Now he needs to LEARN from this. If he is like other certain people I know he WONT for many years.

I can understand the anger from reading about this sort of thing all the time, but theres no need to go down to the level of wishing someone was hurt.

I think most people wouldnt learn anything from being yelled/flamed at, it might make em think about it for a little while, but they are only going to go back the way they were.

However something like this would really hit home though, and its something you would think about ALL the time when your driving, unlike some angry dood on a forum having a go at you.

Why carnt use just leave it for the track ?

you could have killed any inocent by standers, which would have great impact on their families as well as yours.

The main thing is your ok.

does anyone know the full story ? keen to know what really happened

STAY OUT OF SKYLINES!

that is not a good thing to say to a person that just had an acciddent its not fair!!!! he smashed it and theres nothing he can do so just lay OFF an acciddent yes a ACCIDDENT so jus F***EN drop it !!!!!!!!!

MINES i feel for u, i was the passenger in a similar car acciident(wasnt my car), we didnt even see it comming, was a smooth corner front moved out, clipped gutter, spun round, was stopped by a tree at 60ks, thank God the tree stopped us. car was write off, no one hurt. i was in shock and pissed off for about a week, saying i would neva drive my car again but i got ova it. all u people who say leave it for the track, well i doubt theeir would b any of yous who hav neva been wreckless while driving, that includes drifting, chirping, burnouts. glad your ok and no one was hurt man

Heart? I think the majority of older or more mature people on here get sick of reading about dickheads doing dumb things in skylines. This just makes public perception worse and makes more difficult to drive a car we really like driving who don't be stupid about it.  

While, yes, maybe that is self centered, but also really I think everybody *does* have the interests of these people best at heart, and preventing them from killing themselves (or worse, others!) on the roads! Nobody wants that, so hence the anger.. Its sad that sometimes the only way certain types of people learn is by being yelled at, or ****ing up badly.  

He WAS lucky that is for sure. Now he needs to LEARN from this. If he is like other certain people I know he WONT for many years.

Well put Predator bigthumb.gif

I feel for u Mines and i agree on a fair few points of view from the people in this thread, but those of u saying he was a d|ckhead, cmon please peeps like every now and then u dont speed or drive a little on the wild side? If u say no to that your a liar, and i dont know why u have a skyline 4 may as well b driving a Mirage!

All the best!

mmmm, just found this thread, Merli you are a classic. There are a lot a conflicting views here, and although glad to here know one was hurt, anyone who says they couldn't see that coming is kidding themselves. I agree, I have done my fair share of stupid stuff but when I was it was in a 998cc mini which took about 1/2 an hour to get to 100k. Driving a car as powerful as a GTR takes a hell of a lot more responsibility and if you don't have it you shouldn't drive one, as you can see the results.

Besides you have to expect to be flamed a little when you have stirred as many people as you have with some of your posts.

Thats a complete write off. I didnt even need to look at the pic in full size.

Glad nobody was hurt but its pretty simple really, drive like a dickhead in ANY car let alone a GTR and results like this are to be expected.

You my friend learnt the hard way. For a second time.

What was he trying to prove at 2am in the morning I will never understand?

It's that six degrees of seperation thing: "Fool's and fast cars will soon part"

Almost Boasting that he smashed a GTR in the first post with a title like "I Smashed My Gtr Real Bad." and "this is the second time i have totaled a car" Sounds like the only lesson he learnt is how to smash a GTR "real bad" and hopes that the people of sau will offer some comforting advice, Well.... here it is "A GTR is not a TOY, it is, and always will be a weapon in the hands of the inexperienced driver" and you have just proved that you are just that "inexperienced" for that matter any driver at 20 is inexperienced to handle such a powerful car.

What about the bus stop? Sure it was empty, but if it wasn't you probably would be in jail.

My advice to Mines Datsun is the same as Rezz's comment and do us all a favour and "stay out of skylines" until your value for your life is greater than your will to push the pedal down hard.

MEGA

I find myself in general agreement with ph1, and others.

I've just been looking for insurance, and incidents like this are the reason most often given for the high cost. Ypoung kids get hold of high performance cars, then crash them and write them off. So the rest of us have to pay.

There are no accidents - there are consequences of bad decisions. The kid gunned it round a corner. What do you expect might happen.

And this being the second car he's written off - I think hemust have a death wish.

That said, it's always encouraging that only his pride was injured.