SAU Community

The Cool Tools Thread

Duncan

Chris - can I come live in your workshop! Cleco's FTW - absolutely awesome stuff you can make with those. And those die - can you say super strong lightening holes everywhere. Do want!

Very nice!

haha thanks Eric,

i figure get what i can when i can, cos hopefully i'll get to the point of needing them lol

too many plans, not enough time

think i just need a hoist now :)

die set was about $400 delivered, but made to order so took about a month to get them.

22... WTF am i going to do with a 22?

Landcruiser's mang. (I work for Toyota lol)

My most used tool at work

58932.jpg

Only had to give them a kidney for it, it's a tough little fcker though

Also have a Kokon 3/8 flex head ratchet that i use for everything, it's got an easily opened head i can throw some grease in for a smooth as silk ratchet operation.

I scored an Oxy set from a mate the other day! bottles still have gas left but im wondering what happens when i need a refill? apparently BOC will only refill if you have an account and rent bottles from them???

Edited by battery

AFAIK no one will fill privately owned bottles anymore

better off trading in your kit for an LPG cutting kit. rent the oxygen bottle and use your bbq gas bottle for an easy multiuse swap and go service

LPG cuts as good as acetylene if you have the right kit.

AFAIK no one will fill privately owned bottles anymore

better off trading in your kit for an LPG cutting kit. rent the oxygen bottle and use your bbq gas bottle for an easy multiuse swap and go service

LPG cuts as good as acetylene if you have the right kit.

I weld with it too and i have been told LPG is pretty average for welding... Im too cheap to buy a MIG or TIG...

Bit dodgy but is it possible to hook it up with another full bottle and come out with 2 half filled bottles?

Edited by battery

Newest edition to the garage.

Used the 2.5" version at a recent wakefield day and I really liked the quality so bought the 4" version this week from Revolution Racegear.

intercomp_air_pressure_gauge_360060_lg.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I recently bought a pair of 12" knipex pliers wrench from the internet and I have to say I am extremely pleased with them. I was unsure whether it was a gimmicky idea when I ordered them, but they are absolutely awesome, so much so I'm about to order 6 more because my dad and everyone at work now wants one. here is the site I bought them off/ some info about them: http://chadstoolbox....ier-Wrench.aspx

They are basically like a set of multi-grips, but the jaws are smooth and flat, and they stay parallel to each other all the time no matter what position they are in. It has replaced my shifter, and my spanners and my multigrips (for most tasks) all in one tool. Its far better for gripping and doing up nuts/bolts and all the smaller glands and lucknuts at work. It also works like a ratchet. It is literally 3 times faster and twice as secure than using a shifter for the same job. If you are a plumber/fitter/mechanic I would definately look into getting a pair.

PS: If anyone wants any other pliers, this is the site to go to. NWS Germany and knipex both make top notch pliers and you can buy them alot of them for around $20-25 a pair from this site. Thats the same or cheaper than the china/taiwan special at your local tool shop, and about a quarter of what you will pay for Knipex gear in Australia if you can find it

Edited by Crackfox

look up RADTORQUE. We use thier RAD85DX guns at work daily. Its essentially an air overated torque multiplier. The one i hang off a bit is good for 9400ft,lbs of torque. Good for those hard to budge nuts and bolts :P

Why do these deals always come up when I'm absolutely broke! $109 for an LED Video Borescope. Prob not the best one, but for about a hundred bucks - CHEAP!!

Special right now on estore.com.au Page Link

RDM0031_0.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Duncan, I have a decent one you can borrow, the only thing for the skyline is you need a lead that plugs into the bottom of the coil pack and then onto the spark plug... I'll see if I can find this lead too if you want...