SAU Community

Paul's R32 Gtr Track Build

paulR32gtr

The mrs got some vids of turn 12/13 on to the main straight. If only every day was a track day.

Spoke to you at Sandown on the 13th of October definately have

a nice R32 GTR there , the GT3 Porsche could just not keep up with you .

G'day good chatting. Hopefully catch you at the track in your own 32 soon!

Cheers - yeah the second time I got out which the second vid is from it stopped raining and the track started to dry out towards the end, times started to drop. Still wasn't enough to get a feel for how it will behave in the corners and under heavy braking but I will get there.

Got my eye on a Winton test n tune on Friday...

Hit Winton today - much better than Sunday, satisfied now.

Car held together well, have a few suspension changes I would like to make to start firming it up as the suspension is still very much Tarmac Rally orientated.

R32 ABS is also really annoying on the track, time for it to be deleted.

Best for the day was a 1:35.5 which I am very happy with for its first real outing.

Everyone loves the flames... but not sure I will enjoy having to clean this off each outing though... bring on E85

IMG_1904_zps994733bd.jpg

Hit Winton today - much better than Sunday, satisfied now.

Car held together well, have a few suspension changes I would like to make to start firming it up as the suspension is still very much Tarmac Rally orientated.

R32 ABS is also really annoying on the track, time for it to be deleted.

Best for the day was a 1:35.5 which I am very happy with for its first real outing.

Everyone loves the flames... but not sure I will enjoy having to clean this off each outing though... bring on E85

Posted Image

very nice driving Paul.

So pleased to see it's going well on the track.

I'm taking mine to QR next weekend :)

Yeah ABS is a pain on the track.

You must be spitting some pretty nasty flames to BBQ that rest lol

Really nice car - identical to mine except for the stripped interior, awesome paint work, exceptional cage, and a million other things. Although you need to beat this flamage for true glory! :yes:

post-21259-0-69126700-1321189893_thumb.jpg

Really nice car - identical to mine except for the stripped interior, awesome paint work, exceptional cage, and a million other things. Although you need to beat this flamage for true glory! :yes:

needs to be a bigger pic size man!

Ha the boys were explaining it in similar dimensions so I may be able come close.

I saw your 32 years back in ashburton. Jealousy levels were high - you still get it out to the track ?

Ha the boys were explaining it in similar dimensions so I may be able come close.

I saw your 32 years back in ashburton. Jealousy levels were high - you still get it out to the track ?

not for a couple of years, my wife opened a can of whoop ass when our third baby was born so it was back to racing bikes with all the other MAMILs. I will never sell it though, its awesome as you would appreciate with your beast. I'll sneak a track day here and there I hope.

• 5 months later...

Vid from Sandown yesterday, best for the day was a 1:20.4.

ABS unit still causing issues with the brakes, spongy / inconsistent so on a mission to remove that shortly along with some suspension tweaks to try clean up the braking. Also a bit of ducting for the radiator needed - yesterday after about 3 harder laps it would hit 100c water and 120c oil and sat there, add some ducting to force a bit of air through and I reckon it will be a very nice solution.

A bit of a brain fart at turn 11 deciding which gear to use and so still chasing that elusive Sandown teen, one more session would have been nice but a guy smashed his porsche. Should be an '18 in it with me driving after a few tweaks. Regardless this 32 is a whole lot of fun to drive :)

• Like 1