SAU Community

Victorian Post Your Ride Thread

sami`

Since we're all doing it,

Here's a peek into the garage, although they don't all fit in the garage.

The Fat girl, the Daily, and the Crotch Rock.

Naice bike! Swap that exhaust for an Akrapovic F/S though, trust me :P

As for my latest:

Um, whoops...

248506_10150647049785008_556690007_18836137_5531032_n.jpg

'05 SLK350, Manual, 35,000km. Don't ask me why, because there is not one single reason that I can think of...

That photo was from the previous owner... this one is from tonight, picking up AMG rims when I head to the US in July:

254160_10150647056370008_556690007_18836183_6010278_n.jpg

As for my latest:

Um, whoops...

248506_10150647049785008_556690007_18836137_5531032_n.jpg

'05 SLK350, Manual, 35,000km. Don't ask me why, because there is not one single reason that I can think of...

That photo was from the previous owner... this one is from tonight, picking up AMG rims when I head to the US in July:

254160_10150647056370008_556690007_18836183_6010278_n.jpg

Ok so you sold your R34 GTT, bought a VE SV6, a dirt bike and now a SLK?!

Whatever happened to the R34 GTR plan?

You better not be trollinz!

:P

Thanks gais... yeah it was pretty unexpected. It's more and more fun the more I push it.

Did definitely think of the GTR. And it pains me that I did not go with a Skyline, but really the idea of this car spurred from a day not so long ago when I was driving down to the Peninsula in the Ute and though "This is a bucket of shit. What I would like to be driving is something similar to a Lotus Elise" And shazam: SLK. There were many pros and cons to compare but I think the main factor that has stood out since driving the SLK is the comfort when you're treating the drive as a daily. If you ask it for some beans it delivers and feels soooo good but other than that it is the most comfortable snuggley car on the road. I find that Jap cars are incredible but in particular the Skyline drives heaps better when you're going fast, which is awesome but I like to have my cake and eat it too. Particularly over speed bumps.

Don't despair though... At this rate I should be picking up my R35 GTR in, hmmm, 3 months? :P

End of review.

Hahah.... yeah, funny you say, just couldn't decide on whether to go a Full Akro, Full Yosh, or Slip. And I wussed out thinking that it was just going to be painful on the head to hear that think humming the whole time. Turns out I only really use it on the track so really didn't matter, then i heard one, now I'm thinking again......

And gonna need a little more of a run down on the Merc I reckon, missus was going to buy one and I told her she wouldn't like it and tried to get her to settle on an Elise......... she didn't have a bar of it once she saw that it had no carpet. So she's still in a little GTI as well. Who the hell cares if there's carpet. Oh well.

Thanks gais... yeah it was pretty unexpected. It's more and more fun the more I push it.

Did definitely think of the GTR. And it pains me that I did not go with a Skyline, but really the idea of this car spurred from a day not so long ago when I was driving down to the Peninsula in the Ute and though "This is a bucket of shit. What I would like to be driving is something similar to a Lotus Elise" And shazam: SLK. There were many pros and cons to compare but I think the main factor that has stood out since driving the SLK is the comfort when you're treating the drive as a daily. If you ask it for some beans it delivers and feels soooo good but other than that it is the most comfortable snuggley car on the road. I find that Jap cars are incredible but in particular the Skyline drives heaps better when you're going fast, which is awesome but I like to have my cake and eat it too. Particularly over speed bumps.

Don't despair though... At this rate I should be picking up my R35 GTR in, hmmm, 3 months? :P

End of review.

lmao as bad as me! i have been through 3 cars in about 9 months.. going onto my 4th in a couple weeks thumbsup.gif

Yea but her cars were decent

My cars were decent, non of them broke down, all of them drove straight (except for the 33. Leaking time bomb)

Could have went a whole lot worse and coated it in some fluro :)

Edited by Mohsen

Hahah.... yeah, funny you say, just couldn't decide on whether to go a Full Akro, Full Yosh, or Slip. And I wussed out thinking that it was just going to be painful on the head to hear that think humming the whole time. Turns out I only really use it on the track so really didn't matter, then i heard one, now I'm thinking again......

And gonna need a little more of a run down on the Merc I reckon, missus was going to buy one and I told her she wouldn't like it and tried to get her to settle on an Elise......... she didn't have a bar of it once she saw that it had no carpet. So she's still in a little GTI as well. Who the hell cares if there's carpet. Oh well.

I have a full Akra on my Blade and it is the sweetest thing you have ever heard ^_^ but mainly it just makes the bike perform soooo much better. Definitely worth the purchase. You can also wear ear plugs which can help, especially on the track, heaps better for concentration.

What tracks do you ride at? Been out lately?

No carpet? Has carpet? What you talkin' 'bout?

This thing moves, it's awesome. 200kW with such a light body and the Merc handling... Everything works well, the clutch is perfect, the gear box is perfect, the throttle is perfect and the breaks are great. It's just a pleasure to drive ^_^ Plus heated leather seats and hard top convertable (always a bonus). I also like the fact that you're pretty much sitting over the rear wheels, can't wait to take it to the skid pan!